* For everyone who's had difficulties with VarHosting..

A little bit of light entertainment. Following an almost 2-month-long struggle to get my account with Var working again, I gave up today, and asked them to cancel it. Knowing how good they are at ignoring requests, I decided to submit a support ticket, send an email to all 4 of the email addresses I have for them, and go on live support, with the intention of bugging them until something was done.

1 hour in, and naturally nothing much had happened, so I continued bugging the Live Support guy...
    OS Customer Support:
    Hello, welcome to live chat
    OS Customer Support:
    How may I help you?
    Daniel Wood:
    Hi.
    Daniel Wood:
    I'd like to cancel my account, as I have now given up on the support I have been waiting for from your company
    Daniel Wood:
    1 1/2 months without having my ticket answered is beyond acceptable
    OS Customer Support:
    Please provide me the ticket ID
    Daniel Wood:
    33830-5919091521
    Daniel Wood:
    that is my cancellation ticket, the ticket number of my previous ticket is 32384-2604090518
    OS Customer Support:
    I have updated my admin about your ticket, your ticket will be updated soon
    Daniel Wood:
    ok
    OS Customer Support:
    I have asked my admins and they are about to reply your ticket, you will get reply your ticket soon
    Daniel Wood:
    I certainly hope so
    OS Customer Support:
    Don't worry your ticket will be replied
    Daniel Wood:
    Well as the last one never was, despite me requesting assistance at least 5 times, so I have little confidence this one will be
    30 minutes later:
    Daniel Wood:
    how long does it take your admins to reply?
    OS Customer Support:
    It will not take long time, I will ask my admin again for you about this
    Daniel Wood:
    Yes please
    OS Customer Support:
    Sure
    15 minutes later...
    Daniel Wood:
    any luck?
    OS Customer Support:
    Your ticket will be definitely update shortly
    Daniel Wood:
    shortly in terms of minutes, hours or weeks though
    OS Customer Support:
    I don't have an ETA, but surely you will get an reply your ticket
    Daniel Wood:
    you'd think so.
    Daniel Wood:
    I think I could probably have grown an oak tree by now.. are the admins particularly busy?
    OS Customer Support:
    I have forwarded your request to our admins and they will look into it for sure
    OS Customer Support:
    Also I have infomed Mr Roj about it, he'll also be looking into your issue
    Daniel Wood:
    Oh good, hes always been so good at replying to my emails. In fact, He's replied to 1 of 5 so far
    OS Customer Support:
    He will reply to your ticket this time, lately he was much busy with other things so didn't have time to look into tickets
    Daniel Wood:
    Haha, its funny, I'm reading your website at the moment. There's this great line "VARhosting.net understands the value of support." ... does that mean your support is free because there isnt any?
    OS Customer Support:
    *doesnt reply*
    Its now about 2 hours in, and I'm still waiting.. And yes, I know my approach got somewhat unprofessional back there.. but there's really no point in professionalism with Var, its like using cutlery when your eating with a dead walrus.

Thanks for making my DAY!
    had a great time reading that
    very witty replies!!

oh and sorry for your loss...but damn that was good!

I aim to please .

Hi Daniel,

Seems like Roj has been very busy lately, I would give them a bit longer to take care of your billing issue (24hrs is reasonable for billing tickets usually), Good luck with getting your account cancelled and refunded hopefully.

Cheers
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

I had alot of trouble with VarHosting back in the day, but they did end up refunding my money so you should be good...

Keep us updated on how long it takes for your account to be cancelled. Hopefully before it rebills next
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!

Talking

Hopefully before your oak tree dies.
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com

haha, completely useless customer support. CS clearly can't be bothered with your situation because it involves money or they basically just hire someone for $5/week just to sit there and tell anyone who comes on that they shoudl either open a ticket or tell them that their ticket will be replied to "shortly". absolutely diabolical.

nice read

Reminds me of my experience with Web Host Plus about a year ago now when I purchased a VPS to learn windows server administration. Ended up cancelling because they couldnt even supply enough terminal server licenses. All i got from them was "Of course there are enough licenses!" when it wouldnt let me log in due to the limit was reached.

Matt
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Currently a Master Electrician on Broadway.
    My company, BurstAV, specializes in A/V Systems Design and integration.
    I also own ConcertCables. We build power/data cables for the entertainment industry.

Hi Daniel,
    Yeah, well I'm happy to say the customer support/help available from our online chat feature has greatly improved!

As you may already know, Varhosting was recently sold to my company a few weeks ago...since then we've upgraded servers, added technical staff, and increased the response times to tickets.

If you need anything feel free to contact me directly.

Thanks,
    Rick

Yes we all know alrerady, heck you have dug up every varhosting thread dating back to dirt to make a post aboout it.
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!

LOL. nice one, daniel.
    Affordable Managed Hosting Solutions for Professional & Business since 2001
    Mxhub.com - Global : USA - UK - Canada - Europe - Asia Pacific

Daniel, I hope all this ends up very well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by bluskyguy
    Hi Daniel,
    Yeah, well I'm happy to say the customer support/help available from our online chat feature has greatly improved!

As you may already know, Varhosting was recently sold to my company a few weeks ago...since then we've upgraded servers, added technical staff, and increased the response times to tickets.

If you need anything feel free to contact me directly.

Thanks,
    Rick
    I have not noticed an increase in response time to tickets, I've noticed a decrease in response time.
    Also I see from another person's post that he too has not received that email you sent out to varhosting customers notifying them that you purchases varhosting, etc. There are things we will need to know such as will we be issued new IP #'s if you are upgrading servers and moving to a new data center. How do we contact you and get a response?

Hi SydneyJen,
    Please let me know what tickets you have posted that have not been responded to in a timely fashion. Also, please let me know your reseller id and what node you're currently on.

Within your Cpanel account you should see a recent update in the 'news' section about the changes taking place, when new IP addresses will be issued, as well as additional services we're rolling out.

Please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected] if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by bluskyguy
    Hi SydneyJen,
    Please let me know what tickets you have posted that have not been responded to in a timely fashion. Also, please let me know your reseller id and what node you're currently on.

Within your Cpanel account you should see a recent update in the 'news' section about the changes taking place, when new IP addresses will be issued, as well as additional services we're rolling out.

Please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected] if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Rick
    I will look up the info and PM you.

Sounds good. Thanks