Selling software through resellers?

I've got a software package aimed at businesses (Job application management software) and am looking for hosting resellers who are interested in selling it to their customers. (Think of it like Miva Merchant for hiring.)

Is this the right place to discuss this? If not, where is better?

Job application software doesn't seem like something that people buying hosting would also want to purchase. (The two don't seem to go together)

Also, I believe the correct forum to post this issue in would be the "Other offers and requests" section within the advertising forums.

Thanks for the pointer.

Why don't you think that this is something people would buy through their reseller? People buy lots of software (Miva Merchant, control panels, email tools, etc) through hosting providers all the time.

Given that the software provides them with a portion of their website (a Jobs page, etc) and is web-based, it seems natural to me.

I appreciate any feedback, thanks.

It is true that maybe a couple people want to create a website to do job searches but the majority of people do not. Maybe 1 out of 10,000,000 websites created will be looking to create such a site. Given the huge odds it is not really worth a hosting company to spend time incoroporating your software into there checkout process, billing manager, and website in order to MAYBE make a couple dollars if one of those 10 million decides to signup with them.

I'm not saying your software is bad as it may be extremely useful to those people that need it. But I think you would be better off creating a website of your own to market the program and then maybe requesting hosting providers to link to your site.

It is true that maybe a couple people want to create a website to do job searches but the majority of people do not.
    Ah, I see the confusion. PowerHires is for managing your jobs (i.e., the customers' open positions) not to create a jobs site like Monster, Dice or Hotjobs.

But I think you would be better off creating a website of your own to market the program and then maybe requesting hosting providers to link to your site.
    That's exactly the type of thing I'm looking for. Please see PowerHires.com (see 'my homepage' in my profile). A CPA or revenue share type advertising system is exactly what I'd like to find.

However, I think there's more value for both the Customer and the Reseller in a value-added reseller type of role. For example, if you do web design you could offer -

Job application management software & Jobs page
    Save time and money in your hiring process by creating
    online applications and managing your applicants with
    software powered by PowerHires
    Setup Fee: $XXX
    Monthly Fee: $YY / month

You would keep 100% of the setup fee, PowerHires would make the same amount as in the revenue share or CPA arrangement.

Are you interested? If not, do you know anyone who might be?