Question Very simple question

Hi,

I have a basic question. I want to sign-up for a reseller hosting account. My question/concern is that I do not have website that relates to hosting business (incl. credit card etc).

Can anyone advise me what should I do in this regard.

Thanks,

Riz
    Either they believe in me, trust me, and are willing to take the risk that I will deliver success, or they don't. It's that simple. There's no haggling. I don't negotiate. - Michael Bloomberg

Well - depends on your plans for the reseller account. You don't have to have to be offering hosting service to others to get a reseller account. You could easliy use it to maintain and run your personal sites.

If you are looking to get into hosting - you should search more through WHT getting started area to find some very useful information.

Getting a website can be done through a template provider.

Billing systems - easy to find reviews on WHT (clientexec, modernbill, awbs, ubersmith)

Credit Cards - to start off look at paypal and then move into the arena with companies like authorizenet or bluepay when you get a better understanding on what is needed to secure such arrangements.

Make sure you get a reseller account with a company that provides a level of support that is fitting to your needs. A newbie will need much support and patience from the techs because there is an education factor there as well.
    Look into places like ResellerZoom.com

Hope I could help in some fashion and didn't rant off topic.

Cheers!

Hi Jerett,

Thanks for your detailed reply. It was really useful. I am planning to get the reseller account to design, host, and manage site and also to provide content management services.

Regards,

Riz
    Either they believe in me, trust me, and are willing to take the risk that I will deliver success, or they don't. It's that simple. There's no haggling. I don't negotiate. - Michael Bloomberg

Jarett covered almost everything. On a side note many hosting companies (Especially if your purchasing a reseller account) will provide you with free templates for your use. If you know some basic HTML then you can turn it into a full hosting site fairly quickly.

Thanks for the compliment and very true WH101 on what you said about additional service provided by host to help along the way.

Another suggestion: Research/Study/Learn and above all - be patient. Don't rush into the hosting industry without the proper knowledge and without getting your site designed to the specifications of your service and overall image you wish to portray to your customers. You have time. The hosting industry has yet to blow up unlike what many people tend to believe. Sure there are several host out there that tend to make it appear saturated ... but ... it has only peeked with about 20% of people really knowing what hosting is all about. (those are very rough figures)

Good luck!

Hello,

Well Jarret and web hosting 101 has covered it all for you. Well not necessary to kick start all together. Purchasing a site is the most important things for a hosting business. Once the site has been purchased and also the space for the site has been brought, then you can think and plan the things accordingly for the website and also for your hosting business.

Thank you.

Regards,