Hostgator or Jazzy Host?

Hi, I have done a forum search for a comparison on both these hosts but came up blank.
    I gather they are both reputable hosts and I am just trying to determine which would be best for my site.

I am starting a forum and hoping to attract around 2000 members in the long run.
    I have looked at both the basic packages each host offers and both seem to match my requirements and are of similar price.

I know Jazzy Host accepts Paypal which is perfect for me but I'm not sure if HostGator does.

Can anyone make any recommendations or add any input on either or both hosts.

Thanks in advance.
    Lee.
      0 Not allowed!

hostgator would be my choice.
      0 Not allowed!

Again Vinoth, have you used them?
      0 Not allowed!

I know Jazzy Host accepts Paypal which is perfect for me but I'm not sure if HostGator does.
    Hostgator does accept PayPal. Their payment information is listed at
    http://support.hostgator.com/index.p...kbarticleid=56
      0 Not allowed!

I have used HostGator and during my stay with them - I was quite satisfied. I don't know anything about Jazz Host except that they are a brand new company. This can be a plus sometimes because fewer clients can mean faster performance on the server and possibly faster support. It's sometimes a hit and miss with new host.

0 Not allowed!

I've now signed up with Jazzy Host because as I was going through the payment option on Host Gator it didn't give me the option to pay monthly, only yearly which wasn't good for me.
    I have a 3 month subscription so if things don't turn out as I hope then I gather I could move over to another webhost?
    If so will it be a difficult job?
    Thanks, Lee.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jerett
    I have used HostGator and during my stay with them - I was quite satisfied. I don't know anything about Jazz Host except that they are a brand new company. This can be a plus sometimes because fewer clients can mean faster performance on the server and possibly faster support. It's sometimes a hit and miss with new host.
    Host gator is always fast for me, server and support. I've been with them about 8 months now.
    Web Handyman - Website and Internet Marketing Service
      0 Not allowed!

All of our plans have a monthly option except our hatchling plan which is annual.
      0 Not allowed!

Hostgator! The number one choice.
      0 Not allowed!

Well, depending on how Jazzy Host perform, I may be soon switching.
      0 Not allowed!

Remember - you have 20 day money back guarantee with Jazzy so if you change you mind - do it within in that time frame. Hostgator is awesome - great performance - and support is 24/7 excellence. Wish you the best iwth Jazzy as you might find they are equally wonderful as well. If you choose to stay with Jazzy - please come back and post in indebth review of their service. (We love reviews)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by corsacant
    Hi, I have done a forum search for a comparison on both these hosts but came up blank.......I know Jazzy Host accepts Paypal which is perfect for me but I'm not sure if HostGator does....Can anyone make any recommendations or add any input on either or both hosts.
    I am currently utilizing HG and from my experience thus far, it's pretty good. No experience with JH so no comment there.

Also, if you haven't done already, I recommend that you keep your domain name at the registrar (not a reseller), then point your DNS to your host provider. You can read about some of the nightmares 1planet folks went through here.....

Just my 2 cents

Kevin
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for the comments guys,
    I feel the urge to switch to HostGator already but I also feel it would only be fair to give Jazzy Host a chance.
    As for the domain name, I registered it with 123-reg and have pointed the nameservers to jazzyhost as it suggested I do in my set-up email.
    I'm not familiar with DNS so I'm not sure what I would do with it.
      0 Not allowed!

I personally have never heard of Jazzy Host. and either way would say Hostgator as they have a great reputation for great quality hosting.
      0 Not allowed!

I had a few teething issues last night with Jazzy Host which was not their fault, it was down to me getting a few things mixed up but the help they provided through email was quite good.
    As I say I reckon time will tell how good they actually are but if worst comes to worst I can always move to another host.
      0 Not allowed!

I almost have a week with hostgator and I'm already considering moving most of my domains with them ...
    Got Fused?
      0 Not allowed!

I had a few teething issues last night with Jazzy Host which was not their fault, it was down to me getting a few things mixed up but the help they provided through email was quite good.
    As I say I reckon time will tell how good they actually are but if worst comes to worst I can always move to another host.
    Good to hear things are going OK. Personally I've never heard of Jazzyhost so it will be interesting to hear how they work out.

Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic
      0 Not allowed!

HG is ok. Do you require FrontPage extensions? If so, you might want to proceed with caution if you're moving to HG. Based upon my experience, you should not move to HG over a weekend, when their support staffing appears to be lower.

- Tim
      0 Not allowed!

I would have sold my soul for hostgator up to about a month ago. Lately they have been doing a lot of cpanel updates that have been crashing my forums. The online support people just pass me off on to the email support system which takes hours to get a resolution. Not really satisfactory if you require your site downtime to be minimal. The past month they have crashed my site three times, and all three times have been a hair-pulling experience just to get them to confirm a problem. There seems to be a real breakdown in communication between those that are doing the upgrading and the support staff. Support staff has eluded to the fact that they never know when the upgrades will take place so they are blindsided. Their first clue is that the phones and chats are flooded. Not a good way to find out. Then they tell you that there is nothing they can do, they can only answer basic questions. They can;t look at your log to see what has happened in the past and they cannot issue a request to the admins to look at something on your behalf. They can only pass the buck back to you to contact the admins via email and then sit and pray someone gets back with you. Sometimes they do, but they usually don't supply you with the technical details on what occured so that the next time the same thing happens, you get to explain the problem to a newbie analyst all over again. It is really frustrating. Hostgator was a wonderful host when I started with them. Seems they are suffering some growing pains.
      0 Not allowed!

Well, just a very quick update.
    After the earlier mentioned issues which were down to me not being that clued up on things, Jazzy Host helped me sort it out. My website is now up and running, everything is ticking along fine, no problems with speed/reliability as of yet (I know it's only been a few days though).
    Then I get an email this morning off Jazzy Host just to confirm everything was ok for me. This is one thing I was very pleasantly suprised with and hope that it is a good indication of the sort of cutomer care they offer.

I will try and provide a more indepth review once I have spent a few months with them.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi, I have done a forum search for a comparison on both these hosts but came up blank.
    I gather they are both reputable hosts and I am just trying to determine which would be best for my site.

I am starting a forum and hoping to attract around 2000 members in the long run.
    I have looked at both the basic packages each host offers and both seem to match my requirements and are of similar price.

Can anyone make any recommendations or add any input on either or both hosts.

Thanks in advance.
    Lee.
    lol... hostgator hav paypal.
    somemore u can get the coupon code for the first month free hosting.
    forum scriptiong code included as well. get it running.

jazzy host, i not know. havent get to my attention yet.

guess this solve your problem to guessing here n there. get the first month to install and test out the forums. Good luck!!!
      0 Not allowed!

Update as promised.
    It's been far from plain sailing.
    I'm constantly experiencing downtime with them. Ranging from a few minutes to 15-20hrs in extreme cases.
    This is happening every single day without fail.
    The customer care seem to respond in a timely manner and always promise to fix the problem but it persists.

I even got an email warning me that I have gone over my allotted 20% cpu allowance and need to contact them asap regarding paying more money.

I'm currently looking into new hosts.
      0 Not allowed!

Hostgator is a reputable name, they are a safe bet but what's stopping you searching out further to choose from more providers? I haven't heard of Jazzy Host before.
      0 Not allowed!

hmmm good one i would say hostgator
      0 Not allowed!

I have been hosted on hostgator before, and is very satisfied with their supports, etc.

and I never even heard of Jazzy Host
      0 Not allowed!

It's been far from plain sailing.
    That's unfortunate.

I'm constantly experiencing downtime with them. Ranging from a few minutes to 15-20hrs in extreme cases.
    Did you keep track of it in any way (like using host-tracker etc)? How many of those 15-20hrs downtimes did you experience?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc
    That's unfortunate.

Did you keep track of it in any way (like using host-tracker etc)? How many of those 15-20hrs downtimes did you experience?
    I use a downtime tracker but strangely it doesn't always register the site as been down.

At this present moment my site and Jazzy Host has been down for over 12 hours. This sort of downtime is usually every couple of weeks. Daily it can be down from a few minutes to a few hours at a time.
    The problem is I am losing members off my forum and even dedicated members are complaining about it.

A quick URL for anyone to see is www.allcorsa.co.uk

Thanks.
      0 Not allowed!

Your site loads very slow for me. I've never heard of JazzyHost either.
      0 Not allowed!

i also have never heard of jazzhost.... but whats the use of advice from so many people if in the end u never followed the 99% vote on gaterhost... i hope u are not one of the jazzhost person
    ///--One Way, Three Way and Reciprocal linkings -////
    Boost your backlinks today! http://www.rankready.com
    Fully automate your linking process with a natural way.
      0 Not allowed!

If I was, I certainly wouldn't be saying I'm not happy with their service would I?.

Jazzy Host have been a joke from practically day one.

The reason I didn't go with Host Gator was because I mistakenly didn't think they accepted Paypal, and being in the UK and not having a credit card, Paypal was a big must for me.
      0 Not allowed!

For some reason my site seems to work for other people but I can't access it, or even Jazzy Host's site.
      0 Not allowed!

Issues resolved now.
      0 Not allowed!