Need to change server - email limits

Hi guys,

I need a little advice.

I have had a reseller plan with reseller zoom for years now and have found their service and support excellent. I only have about 12 low usage clients, I use most of the server for my own businesses and email which is still very little.

I have recently installed Sugar CRM into my server for my business, a stock broking firm. Currently I have about 1700 clients in the database and its all working fine. I have one problem though, I send out daily emails such as an overnight market wrap that I clients find very useful before the market opens. I have about 800 clients subscribed to this report. Currently the server that Iím on only allows me send 200 emails an hour and I need to send all the emails at once. I know the anti spam reasons that you put the restrictions in place, but it makes it difficult for genuine business.

I need a managed solution as I'm not an expert.

What suggestions do you have?

Thanks,

MX Way.

2. You may be able to use a VPS solution as well. (That will be a little cheaper). Just make sure you contact the VPS provider before you buy and ask whether your emails will cause a problem.

Well I personally would reccomend a managed dedicated server, As a VPS you may still get some limits, You should be able to get one that meets your needs for about$200 a month , maybe less, depends on what you want.

Just find a host that will set it up , secure it and look after it,but you still want root access.

Good Luck.
    Data Republic - UK Managed Servers - Server Management - Managed Backup/R1Soft
    Follow us on Twitter to get exclusive sales & updates.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

But you have to think that hosts put that type of a restriction for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by mxway
    Hi guys,

I need a little advice.

I have had a reseller plan with reseller zoom for years now and have found their service and support excellent. I only have about 12 low usage clients, I use most of the server for my own businesses and email which is still very little.

I have recently installed Sugar CRM into my server for my business, a stock broking firm. Currently I have about 1700 clients in the database and its all working fine. I have one problem though, I send out daily emails such as an overnight market wrap that I clients find very useful before the market opens. I have about 800 clients subscribed to this report. Currently the server that Iím on only allows me send 200 emails an hour and I need to send all the emails at once. I know the anti spam reasons that you put the restrictions in place, but it makes it difficult for genuine business.

I need a managed solution as I'm not an expert.

What suggestions do you have?

Thanks,

MX Way.
    I don't understand why you have to switch hosts because of this. Just have it send out 200 e-mails per hour, I'm sure you can make a script capable of that

Quote Originally Posted by marisc
    But you have to think that hosts put that type of a restriction for a reason.
    What a reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Zummeber
    What a reason?
    To prevent spam, server abuse, and other similar things.

It's don't help down, I think

So you have a list of 800 recipients. And lets say 400 of them are Hotmail addresses.

You send out mailings to the 800 recipients, and your mail queue now has 800 emails.

And now 400 of those emails are going to be sent to Hotmail, now depending on your MTA you will have 20-40 active outgoing connections trying to deliver your mail queue.

You may be blocked by Hotmail for too many SMTP connections from one IP at a time, or you might not. But as your list grows, it will eventually happen.

Batches are best.

You might want to contact a Host's sales department to discuss and individual solution to your problem. Perhaps on a server with a higher "per-hour" email limit. Also consider a dedicated mailing list provider who'll deal with all the issues for you.
    Blackcurrant Hosting - Ruby on Rails (Mongrel) Hosting. Watch us fly by standard rails hosting!

Unfortunately I have to send all these reports at once. I cant stager the mail send as all the clients need to receive these reports in a 30 min window.

My current host isn't going to help in anyway.

Unfortunately I have to send all these reports at once. I cant stager the mail send as all the clients need to receive these reports in a 30 min window.

My current host isn't going to help in anyway.
    You'll either have to find a host that will, or you might end up with a dedicated server -- so that you can run your own mail server.

It looks like I need to look at a VPS or Semi-Dedicated server. Does this sound right?

Yes, it does. It will allow you to tweak and configure your emailing a lot more now that you will be able to modify your MTA's configuration file and behaviour.

Is there any companies you guys would suggest looking at for either VPS or Semi-dedicated?

Is there any companies you guys would suggest looking at for either VPS or Semi-dedicated?
    Check out the guys I use:

http://www.realwebhost.net/

HUGE

The best solution that I've ever found is to just go with aweber.com the best autoresponder company. They are not only for autoresponders but for any emailing to a list. You might want to consider putting new subscribers on an autoreponder series anyway--offer free reports or whatever just to get more people on your list.

For $20/month all of your problems will be gone. You won't have to worry about how or how many emails to send at a time, just write your email and press send. You can also write your emails/newsletters and have them automatically sent at any time/date in the future. You can set the from address to be from your own domain too.

They have very good relations with most ISPs and have the best deliverability of any of the autoresponder companies, most definitely better deliverability than you will have from your own domain.

Seriously, this is the best way to go!

How do I intergrate aweber.com into sugar crm?

Sorry. I have my server limit on 1000 mails per hour. Do you think it is too much ?