server moving help

Hello im trying to move my website to my new server.. I got big database about 1,5GB and i got 1GB attachment on my ftp.. I am trying to backup from cpanel when it is finished it is only 652MB backup. How can i get correct backup ??
    Thank you

Whare specifically are you trying to move ? The database , the ftp folder or the email accounts OR the entire account ? The Cpanel default move is capable of moving the entire account for you if you have root access to both servers. Even if not, your new provider can try to do the move for you with Cpanel tools.
    BLUETRIDENT.NET - Reliable Shared, Reseller and Dedicated Hosting Solutions Provider
    Managed Hosting with Personal Service
    Highspeed Content Servers, Lighttpd, Ruby on Rails, Cluster Servers & Rich Web Application Hosting

IMHO, the best option is the dump the mysql db and move that to the other server by scp or by the rsync and then restore that db in the destination server.
    ESC :wq!

Hi i have root access on both servers. And i am trying to move an account..

cpanel full backup much more easy for me is there anyway to i can get right backup?

The best option for you is to generate a full cpmove backup and move that over to the other server for restore.

In the server where the account is currently placed, run the :

/scripts/pkgacct <cpanel-username>

This will generate a cpmove backup of the domain in the /home.

This will definitely generate a correct backup unless there is heavy load in the server.
    ESC :wq!

If you're not sure how to do it right, the best option is to always hire someone. However, Cpanel has built in tools in the WHM that let you transferr accounts quite cleanly from one server to another. You don't have to do much work to get it going.
    BLUETRIDENT.NET - Reliable Shared, Reseller and Dedicated Hosting Solutions Provider
    Managed Hosting with Personal Service
    Highspeed Content Servers, Lighttpd, Ruby on Rails, Cluster Servers & Rich Web Application Hosting

Transfer ErrorChecksum Failed.. The filecopy had a problem!
    Expected Checksum [cb93a553070c1af534571e1620bcc73f]
    Actual Checksum []

Hey as you have access to both the server and if both the server does have WHM in it .

Login to the new server. IF its has WHM in it

select the option "Copy an account from another server"which can be found in the menu Transfers here you just need to enter the info of the account you wish to transfer along with your old server login details and your account will be copied to the new server.

simple and easy way

Please check out

Commrade

well... i think the problem is easy to solve !!!

am sure you are having a the max packet error while the pkgacct script is making backup..

do this and everything will be fine i think...

cat /etc/my.cnf | grep max_allowed_packet

if you got no results then its not set at all
    if you have it set before..

then increase it to a large number depends on your database

like 2000M

if its not set then just add the following line under the [mysqld]

max_allowed_packet = 2000M

try it and tell me