Question Looking for VPS $9-12

Yes I know it is possible because I have 3 of them with my current provider and am quite please with them.

I want to look for another provider that provides VPS (as to spread the eggs to different basket and to be on a different IP segment) at less than $10 a month.
    (Willing to consider upto $12)

Spec is (this is my current spec.)
    5 Gg disk
    100 Gb traffic
    128mb guranteed
    2 IP

Any recommendation or proposal from VPS provider?

You can try searching at http://vpschoice.com/

Quote Originally Posted by nicedream
    You can try searching at
    Thanks for this resource. Do you run this?

Quote Originally Posted by 59ideas
    Thanks for this resource. Do you run this?
    No, I don't. But I think it's a great resource!

It's great but I dont' find any package better or even match my current host... and they are not listed.

I am sorry but you will have a hard time findind a vps at all for that price, its more trouble than its worth for the host. Good Luck though, let us know how you get on.
    Data Republic - UK Managed Servers - Server Management - Managed Backup/R1Soft
    Follow us on Twitter to get exclusive sales & updates.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

Quote Originally Posted by TrafalgarWeb
    I am sorry but you will have a hard time findind a vps at all for that price, its more trouble than its worth for the host. Good Luck though, let us know how you get on.
    I know it is not easy and I'm glad that I found one.
    I'm look for another now while there is no real urgent so that I know where to go when I absolutely need it.

Found quite a good offer on this thread...

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=546821

VeggieHost sells them... They could even set you up with a nice annual price... Be careful though... You get what you pay for.

Threadstarter: Who is your current host?

id be scared to deal with a company that was that cheap!
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

Check out vpslink.com, there are some great reviews for them.
    » VPSFuze.com - Performance should be noticeable - VPS Hosting at its best.
    » HostingFuze.com - Affordable & Reliable Shared & Master Reseller hosting services

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Stephens
    id be scared to deal with a company that was that cheap!
    Yea.. The VeggieHost thing didn't go to well... The connection is horrible. Shame on me for going anywhere other than SolarVPS... I just wish SolarVPS would give me a discount for using almost no bandwidth!

Thread starter: I say shoot for something a little more expensive and go with SolarVPS. Good support team. nodes never have problems anymore, etc...

heh

You know, considering that the cost of powering the node, the bandwidth used itself, and the license on any commercial VPS software is more than $12 a month, I'd be skeptical of these hosts.

Maybe they're running free virtualization software, but what level of bandwidth provider is going to give you 100GB of bandwidth for less than $12 (unless they're pushing thousands of terabytes of data?, And are these guys running the nodes on free hardware that never fails ?

And who are they paying to support you? At $12 a month, assuming the tech makes around $6 an hour, you'd need 1 vps to pay for 2 hours of that tech's shift alone. 12 x 30 = 360 VPSes, assuming free bandwidth, free power, free hardware and free software to pay 1 tech a reasonable wage.

Case-in-point, these guys are either hugely overselling, or they're just trying to undersell everyone and taking a loss, and these prices won't last.

You do get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidP
    You know, considering that the cost of powering the node, the bandwidth used itself, and the license on any commercial VPS software is more than $12 a month, I'd be skeptical of these hosts.

Maybe they're running free virtualization software, but what level of bandwidth provider is going to give you 100GB of bandwidth for less than $12 (unless they're pushing thousands of terabytes of data?, And are these guys running the nodes on free hardware that never fails ?

And who are they paying to support you? At $12 a month, assuming the tech makes around $6 an hour, you'd need 1 vps to pay for 2 hours of that tech's shift alone. 12 x 30 = 360 VPSes, assuming free bandwidth, free power, free hardware and free software to pay 1 tech a reasonable wage.

Case-in-point, these guys are either hugely overselling, or they're just trying to undersell everyone and taking a loss, and these prices won't last.

You do get what you pay for.
    reasonable.

good luck, 59ideas
    Free Advice: Do your research before you sign up, there are just way more bad hosts than you could imagine....

Quote Originally Posted by RonyZ
    reasonable.

good luck, 59ideas
    So far so good with my luck