What about softlayer.com ?

I am thinking to buy server from they. Could you write comment about datacenter If you worked / working they.

Thank you very much .

ahmet my server is down from 6 hours. and i don't know for what. stay away..

Interesting answer aredhelrim. We have never had a problem with them... (knocking on wood )
    Host, YES!
    Reselling? Partner for profit instead!

Thank you for reply guys .

Quote Originally Posted by TCP/IP Warrior
    Interesting answer aredhelrim. We have never had a problem with them... (knocking on wood )
    how long you working with them ?

I've been with Softlayer for a few months now and have to say I've been thoroughly satisfied with their services.

I'd definitely recommend giving them a go
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by ntfu2
    I have tried this before. Not enought .

thank you guys

aredhelrim

That's an odd single post aredhelrim.

We've been with them for months and have had 0 issues.

In the few months I have been using softlayer they get the thumbs up from me.

I can also vouch for SoftLayer's services. They go above and beyond the level of service their competitiors provide.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

I've had a cluster of servers at Softlayer since February, and the only problems I've had are network glitches. Major outages have all been cleared up within 30 minutes of the issue occuring (this has only happened once or twice) as well.

Their backend private network is also very nice. They've been really accomidating of some of my special needs with this too.

Softlayer gets an "A" in my book.
    Mike Miller :: Sysprosium Linux Server Management :: sysprosium.com
    20+ years of Linux Administration experience :: Twitter:@Sysprosium
    Server Management :: Managed Backups :: Website Monitoring
    E: sales[at]sysprosium.com :: P: 920.659.0610

Thumbs up here also. I tried both ev1 and theplanet before and i was not stratified. Switching my business to SoftLayer was the right choice.

Softlayer has had a major impact on this forum with their level of service and products offered. I think if you do your research and dig a bit into the forum you will find that softlayer a respectable company to trust your servers with.

I've been with them from the first week they start to sell. Only 2 downtimes less than 5 minutes on programed mainitenance. I'm very satisfied!

I have been with them almost half a year now (scary ) and they are amazing. IMO they are the leaders in the business by a long way. Their private network is so useful and their staff are sooooo helpful and understanding.

Only had one bit of downtime on the network which was for 8 minutes and that was scheduled. We were told about that a week in advance. I have had some other downtime which was unexplained but to do with the server, but no one was at fault there bar cPanel I believe.
    Seeksadmin.com Owner: Providing Security, Administration and Optimization since 2001

Now Offering Windows Serivces.

It's a safe bet to get a server with them IMO, especially if you plan on building a cluster or intend to have a lot of traffic between servers. The private network is great!

One more thumbs up for SL, I have my primary server with them now for about 5 months no problems, planning on getting a second one again from SL and then I can fully utilize the private network.

I like how they keep raising prices and making my reseller discout that much bigger. Kind of stinks that tier 1 moved from 2-5 to 5-10 though.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Softlayer is very good for me so far. I have had no problems over the time I am with them. I guess (and only guess) that they maybe the one of the leaders now in terms of dedicated server market.

I highly recommend them. Very professional people so far. (so far so good I mean). Hope they don't change.
    Don't Lose Your Website Ever Again!
    Backup All Your Domains and MySQL Databases Automatically
    Grab this Website Backup Software today.

would you guys go with a SL reseller like servers4sales or rather deal with SL directly?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drepac
    would you guys go with a SL reseller like servers4sales or rather deal with SL directly?
    I prefer to do business directly with the DC.

would you mind explaining your reasons? is it because of the response time or .....?

It depends on what you want. Servers4Sales provides server management with each server they sell which could be useful if your not a network guru and they still provide you with the vpn and reboot info. However - if you have admin skills - I would suggest going directly through SL. Cuts out the middle man.

i am no linux guru, but i can learn super fast as for management I was thinking of PSM, i heard they provide a great service well worth the $30. but I was thinking that using a reseller (servers4sale-30 min response time as advertised) is good if you wanna save like $30/month and get PSM with that!
    what do you guys think

The only problem with softlayer so far has been the maintence windows. Its happened twice now, the first time was a sort of short notice, but they said it could be done so im not really upset with that.

This last time however, the ticket was submitted a few days prior to the scheduled window for drive replacements, and after turning the server httpd off, to backup all the files and move them which was a 4 hour process by the end of it, and a night of lost sleep, they didnt even get it done. Needless to say, i'm still pretty ticked about that little stunt

Quote Originally Posted by drepac
    would you mind explaining your reasons? is it because of the response time or .....?
    My reason for not going with a reseller is because I don't need any additional maintenance: I admin the boxes myself. The time I need help is when there's some issue like hardware failure which I can't fix myself.

One thing resellers can give you as some regular maintenance, so if you don't have much experience with adminning, that's something you can consider.

SoftLayer is just great

I also suggest SoftLayer.

I've got four server's there and hope to have a fifth by the end of the year.

I have only one dedicated box hosted with them. They are dam cool. Both sales and tech support is great so far... And backend network, vpn, server CP is also good.
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

5 Months before we were using them for one of my customers their servers and support and web control panels are good but we had to leave them because they werent offering Firewall per server.

I think they started offering firewall atm.

Regards
    Fully Managed Unmetered Dedicated Servers @ Low Cost.

I am looking at softlayer now for 3 boxes..

WHat is PSM .. <-- I need my servers fully managed and what was the url to the middle man for softlayer that offers managed servers
    EbizCraftsman.com Hosting & Web Design
    EbizCraftsman.com

Advertise your hosting company here!!

PSM - www.platinumservermanagement.com

www.platinumservermanagement.com HOW ARE THESE PEOPLE!!

I am thinking of getting the softlayer boxes, just need a good management company.. do they respond FAST????

ANyone know about them
    EbizCraftsman.com Hosting & Web Design
    EbizCraftsman.com

Advertise your hosting company here!!

Quote Originally Posted by ebizcraftsman
    www.platinumservermanagement.com HOW ARE THESE PEOPLE!!

I am thinking of getting the softlayer boxes, just need a good management company.. do they respond FAST????

ANyone know about them
    im sure search knows about them quite well.

softlayer is best

Been with them a month now, 3rd outage right now where I cannot access my box or their website for that matter.

I cannot ever recall having outages like this with ThePlanet.
    http://www.SwiftLayer.com - Web Hosting - VPS - Shoutcast - Shell - IRCd - Saeven|CRM Ready

my servers are down too.
    edit: back up at 51st minute past the hour

softlayers up now.........
    my server up now