Debugger for javascript

Anyone knows a free debugger for javascript. You know the kind where we can step into programs?

Frontpage has a built in one. However, the break mechanism doesn't seem to work. I had no idea why.

Firebug (Firefox extension).
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

Firebug (Firefox extension).
    best firefox plug ever!

I vote for Firebug also. Not only is it great for JavaScript but it lets you really delve into your entire webpage, inspect its DOM, set AJAX listeners, etc. The JS debugger also has a great real-time "console" that lets you inspect/modify variables directly.

However, one word of warning, last I heard there is a bug in Firefox which causes Firebug to break certain sites that use AJAX heavily (I have experienced this with Gmail). So if you're on an AJAX type website that doesn't work correctly, disable FireBug while you're there (by right-clicking on the green checkmark icon in your status bar).

Quote Originally Posted by tobiasly
    However, one word of warning, last I heard there is a bug in Firefox which causes Firebug to break certain sites that use AJAX heavily (I have experienced this with Gmail). So if you're on an AJAX type website that doesn't work correctly, disable FireBug while you're there (by right-clicking on the green checkmark icon in your status bar).
    You can add Roundcube to the list of apps that Firebug (excellent IMHO) breaks. I thought it was RC fault or even Firefox on Linux...before considering Greasemonkey and Firebug!
    ::
    :: K.Huertas
    . Not only python hosting . www.hub-hub.com
    :: Django . Trac . MoinMoin . Textpattern . Roundcube
    ::