Need Hosting Growin Vbulletin Forum. What Every Beginner Community Builder Must Know!

I have a website which is based on VBulletin Forum. It is growing by around 50-60 members every day. It has nearly 4000 Registered Members.....

It gets average between 2800-3000 unique visitors every day..... sometimes that can peak to 3500...... and it is growing....

I dont use much bandwidth or diskspace.

Right now, im hosting on a friends server.. its using up a lot of his server resources. - So its Shared hosting..... and he had to put the Mysql connections Down..... so i get mysql connection errors every once in the while..... (well everyday)

Also i need hosting for one more vbulletin forum and a few sites.

So, whats next??? What sort of dedicated server do i need?

Im looking for actual specs in terms of CPU, Memory... etc

If i really have to go it alone on a dedicated, 200-300 dollars most....... a month is my budget.

I dont know what level of server i would need for the site.

Dual Processor or single? Am currently looking at either ThePlanet or Softlayer.

I have 0 experience with either of these companies, my friend is with ThePlanet and he likes them a lot, and he hasnt had that much of a prob with them...... but, on these forums seems everyone is more or less pro Softlayer anti TP.

Im looking for server suggestions from either of these, or any other company.

Forums uses / needs plenty of RAM, so I suggest get a server with around 2GB RAM and on the cpu just select the best that you can afford, If you can get dual processor the better. Good Luck.

Miami, FL

Just about any type of website that relies heavily on databases can always benefit from some fast drives (SCSI 15k).

Philadelphia, PA
    You could go with a VPS, but eventually down the line you will have to go dedicated if it continues to grow. For $200-$300 you can get a Dual Xeon/Opteron server through with some upgrades for that price range. This will give you A LOT of room to grow with such a beefy box. If you don't want that much power to start they also have Dual Core systems and single core.
    Linux junkie |