Need info on DNS

Hello,
    I would like to know the following;

If i have 2 dedicated ip's with a reseller can that be setup that when you do a reverse dns on those ip's that only the sites installed under the main site for the reseller is shown

Reason why?
    i don't want other sites shown that is not on my reseller ans if they get blacklisted then mine is also blacklisted

Thanks

Hi

I dont fully understand your question, if you want to know why it shows whatever the results are on a whois database, contact your hosting company to change these.
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

Ok let me put it this way,
    i see you do reseller hosting,

When i order a reseller from you i also order 2 dedicated ip's for my main hosting domain name for the reseller account. Can i use those 2 dedicated ip's for my DNS setting to point to eg. ns1.domainname.com and ns2.domainname.com instead of the shared ip's issued

Quote Originally Posted by gnld
    Ok let me put it this way,
    i see you do reseller hosting,

When i order a reseller from you i also order 2 dedicated ip's for my main hosting domain name for the reseller account. Can i use those 2 dedicated ip's for my DNS setting to point to eg. ns1.domainname.com and ns2.domainname.com instead of the shared ip's issued
    Hi guys where can i get this info and help ???

gnld,

Normally you can use dedicated IP's for private nameservers without issues. Also, for RDNS you would make the request to your hosting provider, IP > domain then they would contact the NOC who ownes that and RDNS would be setup.
    Carolina Hosting Services
    http://www.carolinahosting.net | @CarolinaHosting | Facebook.com/CarolinaHosting
    VMware | cPanel | Linux | Softaculous | 16 Years Hosting Experience

If you're asking if it's possible to completely hide your domains as being on a reseller account, then the answer is no. Some setups come close but not 100%
    Graham Craig

"IT'S NOT HOW GOOD YOU ARE, IT'S HOW BAD YOU WANT IT."

Sure, you can do it. That's really neat when you have dedicated IP's for your private nameserver.
    Live Your DreamZ
    ~Besty

Quote Originally Posted by besty
    Sure, you can do it. That's really neat when you have dedicated IP's for your private nameserver.
    What about the mailserver greeting ?
    Graham Craig

"IT'S NOT HOW GOOD YOU ARE, IT'S HOW BAD YOU WANT IT."

Keep in mind the outgoing mail on a server is from the real interface ip address and not a virtual address (unless otherwise configured). Meaning if your servers pi address gets blacklisted any email sent from that server will potentially be marked as spam. Having PTR records on virtual ip addresses will not help in this case. It will only help in appearance.

Hi,
    thanks for all the replys. i am not actually trying to hide the websites on my reseller but isn't interested in showing all the websites on the server. Not sure if it realy that inportant but on my one reseller i have a ip is blacklisted and i know it wasn't from my reseller. The spam must have been on another reseller sharing the same shered ip.

Thanks for all the replys. i just my dedicated ip's so i will setup my dns and see how it goes. i gues you have to make some sacrifices if you can't affors a dedicated server

Quote Originally Posted by gnld
    Hi,
    thanks for all the replys. i am not actually trying to hide the websites on my reseller but isn't interested in showing all the websites on the server. Not sure if it realy that inportant but on my one reseller i have a ip is blacklisted and i know it wasn't from my reseller. The spam must have been on another reseller sharing the same shered ip.

Thanks for all the replys. i just my dedicated ip's so i will setup my dns and see how it goes. i gues you have to make some sacrifices if you can't affors a dedicated server
    You shouldn't take sacrifices because you're a reseller. Open a case with your host and ask them to investigate into why the servers ip is blacklisted. Them contact the rbl databases and ask the ip be removed from their list. Also, if you get any bounces provide the content as that likely will tell them where the ip is listed.