bobcares.com - Poor Support Team

So we started out with Bobcares.com about 8 months ago. At first they were good and answered tickets on time and properly resolved issues. As time went on, they were ok, with the ocassional late ticket response, which we could live with.

Last few months though, there have been many tickets that have gone unanswered till we prompted them to answer them after hearing from angry customers. The grammar has also gone downhill with many typos and the reps fail to understand what they client is saying sometimes, further fueling the frustrations.

The last straw was when one of their reps replied to a customer's support ticket and said we couldn't offer a particular feature on our server and referred them to a link. This link was to the company that we rent our servers from!!! I was shocked. I couldn't believe these guys don't have basic common sense not to disclose that vital information!!! We are now on the look out for another support team who is competent, speaks proper english and doesn't disclose confidential info. But maybe we're asking too much...

Anyway, just a heads up to anyone thinking of using Bob(?)cares.com

They moved their support service to India not so long ago, what do you expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Plasma Badger
    That would explain the grammar and such. But what about disclosing our provider!!! I feel like wringing those reps' necks I tell ya! Completely unprofessional bunch of people.

And they say ISO 9001 certified blah blah on their site. Means nothing.

Agreed. A lot of the outsourcing companies in India tend to suck you in buy saying how "certified" their techs are. However, like what was said above in some cases that doesn't mean a thing. That doesn't mean that they know how to deal with the public correctly, let alone even format an e-mail correct. However on the other hand, there are a few very good India based outsourcing companies out there as well.

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience with Bob"Cares". I'd suggest you take a look at www.touchsupport.com or www.etechsupport.net (One of the VERY good Indian outsourcing companies).

Quote Originally Posted by Techpresence
    I'd suggest you take a look at www.touchsupport.com or www.etechsupport.net (One of the VERY good Indian outsourcing companies).

Do you have any experience with those companies?

I do have some first hand experience with both of these companies. I've talked with the sales staff from eTechSupport.net and came pretty close to becoming a client of those to support my clients. Same goes for TouchSupport.com - I also have a couple of friends that use TouchSupport.com and I have heard not one bad thing about them from their end.

BobCares was one of the first - if not the first - company I know of that started the whole outsource support craze within the hosting industry. So it is really a shame to hear such a bad review on one the pioneers of that market. Unfortunantly I too have heard some negative things about BobCares and how their service is far from outstanding like it originally was.

I would be very interested to get some feedback and any reviews others might have regarding BobCares. My only hope is that the stories I have heard are only a few bad apples and there are many more positive one's out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Techpresence
    I do have some first hand experience with both of these companies. I've talked with the sales staff from eTechSupport.net and came pretty close to becoming a client of those to support my clients. Same goes for TouchSupport.com - I also have a couple of friends that use TouchSupport.com and I have heard not one bad thing about them from their end.
    Well the thing is that many times these companies hire sales people with good English skills, usually not from India. So it is kinda mis leading!

eTechSupport.net continues to have positive reviews on WHT. Their support is located out of India - if I am correct - but their english syntax is pretty decent. It would be worth researching if your interested.

Most people here will tell you just to try a company they tried previously maybe they were lucky maybe you aren't so you have to get feedback before you involve yourself,heads up then take a decision .
    HayPay.com withdrawal services.
    switch your e-money to instant real cash.
    Easy to start - One time fee - No transaction fee.

Just keeping faith on review is not good and to some extent it is very correct that these people hire staff with good english for sales and rest is like all blind.Hostgator owner can give you a good report for the company like etechsupport as he was the one who suffered for their mistake and finally he decided to have inhouse team.

Well personally I will stick to my own. That way I can slap them if they do something wrong. Well - that is when I get to that point of hiring staff that I can slap.

Yea i agree with you jerett but in real world you can not just visit india to slap them so it's good to be very selective when it comes to support.Initially i was too positive about them and was thinking of outsourcing my support to them but then knowing fact which hostgator faced was a proof of hiring half knowledged techs by etech.

I would refer 24x7hostingsupport, Have not yet experienced them but my friend has been using them and is happy with the quality they provide..

Being able to successfully handle support request is a growing concern as the industry continues to grow and such companies as 24x7HS sometimes play a major role in many providers business structure. IMHO - if your are going to rely on services offered by such outsource companies - try and limit it to the late shift - from around 10p to 6am - or there about.

Your customers will more than likely understand if you have them working the late hours than if you use their service during the day time as well.

As far as I know, Bobcares has always been an India based company. A year ago they started the phone support in Phoenix. I think the Phoenix office handles a little sales from time to time.
    CityWideHost.com - Web Hosting YOUR Way!
    Non-Oversold Hosting, Webmaster Services, Web Design, and Asterisk PBX Management!
    24/7 Support - Powered by Bobcares!