HELP! I need a web host in 18 days!

I was upset to get the email from my current web hosting company that they will no longer be offering their services, and I have 18 days to find a new host.

I think this is extremely unfair and inconvenient of them, so I am trying to find a new web host that will transfer all 4 (seperate accounts) domains that I have, everything including the domain names, all the files, MySQL databases, (and maybe email accts/messages) automatically so that I do not have to worry about going through it again.

Is this possible and can anyone refer me to a RELIABLE working host but also cost effective. I paid a yearly fee of $150 for each package (roughly 10gig of space and plenty of bandwidth with CPanel), maybe that could be why but I know there is a hosting company out there willing to work with me around these circumstances. Please PM or post here if you know of one, and thanks for reading!

How long have you been with them? They should atleast refund some for your upfront 1-year payment if you still a couple of months left that you paid for. Are you looking to pay monthly or yearly on your new host? Also, have you considered a reseller plan? On a reseller plan, you will be able to host multiple domains which will generally save you money and be cheaper than buying 4 serperate plans.

Have a look in the offers section of the forum..
    Alex Maleki -/- 1.866.596.8401
    iTeraWeb Solutions -\- Quality cPanel, Unlimited Reseller, and A-Z VoIP Termination.
    http://www.iteraweb.com | 24x7x365 Phone/Chat Support

Hi,

There are many hosting offers available here on WHT, you can also take a look at the Host Quote feature on WHT and request a hosting package specific for your needs and so on. Be sure to dig around for reviews and do your research.

Take care.
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

I've been with this host for almost 3 years myself, and then bought the other 3 just recently within a year, I prefer not to have all the domains under one package/reseller because the other 3 websites are for clients and I generally give control of the website to them once I finish designing it, but do you still recommended a reseller acct, and is it possible for clients to log into their own domain/files without accessing the rest? I guess I have never used it before therefore I don't know much about it.

I just want to be able to transfer everything and have it function the same if I update it or not!!!

Thanks for the fast reply. I appreciate it.

You can give FTP access to individuals without access to the other data, if that's all you need.

Quote Originally Posted by HleeX
    I prefer not to have all the domains under one package/reseller because the other 3 websites are for clients and I generally give control of the website to them once I finish designing it, but do you still recommended a reseller acct, and is it possible for clients to log into their own domain/files without accessing the rest?
    With a reseller account, you could set them each to have their own account, as if you had nothing to do with it: they'd have their own cpanel, ftp, etc. but you'd still have control if you needed it.
    TwisterHost Web Hosting
    cPanel Linux Hosting PHP MySQL SSH
    Specializing in Shared and Shoutcast hosting!

Reliable for ~$12/month for 10GB of space and lots of bandwidth?

I believe your going to have to make a switch again sometime in the future because any host offering that package usually won't be able to back it up especially if you have high usage sites.

Quote Originally Posted by devonblzx
    Reliable for ~$12/month for 10GB of space and lots of bandwidth?

I believe your going to have to make a switch again sometime in the future because any host offering that package usually won't be able to back it up especially if you have high usage sites.
    Agreed, be looking to raise you budget a little -- but the real question is do you actually use that 10 GB of space and all your bandwidth?

Be thankful you got a 18 day warning, at WHT it's not uncommon to see a hosting company go under with absolutely no warning.

After you find a few companies that you may be interested in, be sure to test out there support to make sure they are responsive. You can also use domaintools.com to get a round-about idea how long they have been in business (there domain creation date).

It also wouldn't hurt to ask the potential host if they are able to transfer the sites for you. Since you are using cPanel already, a host offering cPanel has access to an account copy tool. This tool will recreate your domain, all your files, your email addresses, databases ect. This would make moving less of a headache for you.

A reseller account would be perfect for you. Reseller accounts allow you to manage multiple individual cPanel accounts from a control panel called WHM. Each of your domains would have there own FTP login, and there own control panel. Each account that you create can have a different set of features, different space and bandwidth allowances...ect. Basically, you are given the same set of tools that the Web Host uses to create, modify and remove accounts.

P.S. Do not wait till day 18 to do everything. Get everything setup with a new host ASAP.
    Need a new Web Host?
    Become a Host Refugee and receive TRUE 24/7 Support

cPanel + Fantastico, PHP4 or PHP5
    HostRefugee.com - See our current promotions

Quote Originally Posted by HostRefugee-Vince
    Be thankful you got a 18 day warning, at WHT it's not uncommon to see a hosting company go under with absolutely no warning.
    Yes, you are lucky. Make sure you have recent complete cpanel backups of all your websites to be safe. If you don't, go do that now.

Quote Originally Posted by HostRefugee-Vince
    After you find a few companies that you may be interested in, be sure to test out there support to make sure they are responsive. You can also use domaintools.com to get a round-about idea how long they have been in business (there domain creation date).
    That's not the best way to tell the age of a company. As in my case and many others, the domain name has been rebranded making the above inaccurate.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!

Quote Originally Posted by SJRHosting
    Yes, you are lucky. Make sure you have recent complete cpanel backups of all your websites to be safe. If you don't, go do that now.

That's not the best way to tell the age of a company. As in my case and many others, the domain name has been rebranded making the above inaccurate.
    This is very true. This has nothing to do how long a company has been in business. The registration of nextbesthost.com shows it is about 1.5 years old or so but we have been in the business of hosting for over 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by SJRHosting
    No it's not, and that rings true for HostRefugee as well. HostRefugee has several different partners all who have had there own companies. We merged all the companies into one brand. Together we have almost 12 years of combined experinece in the industry.

With that being said... I would expect the OP to do a little research on what ever company he chooses. If a domain was only created a few weeks or months ago, check to see if it's a rebrand or a new company. There is nothing wrong with new companies and there is nothing to say they won't be great, but the lack of history doesn't make for a good gamble.
    Need a new Web Host?
    Become a Host Refugee and receive TRUE 24/7 Support

cPanel + Fantastico, PHP4 or PHP5
    HostRefugee.com - See our current promotions

At least you got a warning before just shutting your sites down.

That is ample time for you to find a new host. Lucky they didn't pull the rug right from under you. You should try the host quote tool above. Good luck.

I cannot post in the reseller/request forum because I don't have enough posts. So I am asking for it here.

I have decided on a reseller account.
    WIll be transfering 4 domain names,
    ability to have unlimited in the future
    at least 5000 MB of space
    and 50 gig of transfer
    Cpanel
    Ability to transfer all my existing files,
    databases and domain names without
    hassle and lost or long downtime.

Priced around 7.95-15.00 a month
    Or yearly around $120. I prefer to pay yearly.

Any one [know of a] company able to provide this asap, please let me know!!!!
    Last edited by bear; 09-19-2006 at 04:27 PM.

Unfortunately hosts are not allowed to make offers here, or in private even if you ask.

You will have to wait for a fellow customer to point you to a host, or take a look at the offers section of WHT.

Your requirements are surprisingly reasonable though (I'm used to reading people wanting more than that for $5/mo with a free domain name and a Pony) and you shouldn't have a problem finding an appropriate host.

-Jason

Just give me a link to a working website that is well designed and not hard to navigate though. Some of the webhosting companies that I have come across have a bad way of organizing their packages and information so I usually click out as fast as I can.

I can't post in any other forum it seems so I am posting here, if a mod could move my post to the appropriate forum that would be great.

I cannot post in the reseller/request forum because I don't have enough posts.
    There is no reseller request forum, as hosting requests are not allowed on WHT.

I cannot post in the reseller/request forum because I don't have enough posts. So I am asking for it here.

and 50 gig of transfer
    Cpanel

your budget is still too low. you will run into the same situation unless you raise your budget over 40$/mth. either that or consider lowering your disk space and bandwidth requirements.

regards,

That's nice when you were given a 18 days notice
    Mine went completely down without any notice in advance.

There are many hosts out there, I'm sure you'll be able to get one within 18 days but the budget wise........ I'm not sure if you can find a host that meet that. Same as utropicmedia-karl, feel that your budget allocated for your hosting needs is rather low. Are you charging your clients this price for their hosting?

If you are looking for an exclusive template design for your website, do check out
    Your Exclusive Template Hunt

Raise your budget a bit or you'll just end up with another unreliable webhost.
    TopQHost - We Provide Affordable Web Hosting with Top Quality Service

$15 for 5gb of space and 50gb of transfer is not unreasonable and can be done w/o overselling at all.
    [mod edit]

-Jason
    Last edited by bear; 09-20-2006 at 07:13 AM.
    Have you considered Semi-dedicated Hosting? 4 - 8 accounts per server. Less overhead than VPS, better performance for the price.
    DopeDomains.com - 15,000 New Domains a day. indexed by Pagerank, backlinks, Hits, and Length.

and 50 gig of transfer
    Cpanel

This is totally unrealistic. You are going to have to pay much more for a reseller account with spec-s like that.

And on top of that you want good service, reliability, etc....

Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic