MRTG - Monitoring Specific Ports

I just installed mrtg and set up basic monitoring with the default cfgmaker settings. I've been looking around trying to find info on how to monitor a specific port, but I haven't found much. Can anyone explain exactly what I need to do to achieve this? An example would be most appreciated, but any info on how to go about doing this would be great. I saw some examples on mrtgworld I believe, but they didn't show how to make them. Particuarly one that listed multiple game servers and the number of connections for each using the port. I want to monitor the amount of traffic and number of connections. I am using windows server 2003. I still don't understand alot about how mrtg works so please be specific.

Thanks in advance...

With the Target keyword you tell mrtg what it should monitor. The Target keyword takes arguments in a wide range of formats

The most basic format is ``port:[email protected]'' This will generate a traffic graph for the interface 'port' of the host 'router' (dns name or IP address) and it will use the community 'community' (snmp password) for the snmp query.
    Live Your DreamZ
    ~Besty