Thumbs up PlatinumServerManagement - 3 Weeks

Hello. I ordered PSM about 3 weeks ago after reading great things about them here and having nightmares with BurstNET.

Let me start with the beginning.

Ordered on Labor Day in the early AM. They set me up within a couple of hours.

The first thing I needed was to finally get my server up and running that I had ordered from BurstNET about a week earlier. cPanel was setup incorrectly. DNS wasn't working. Couldn't aquire my IPs. So much more, it was a nightmare. I know unmanaged means unmanaged but I was at least expecting cPanel to be installed correctly so that I could run the first-time-login setup.

After that, they installed security software I requested, quickly.

Also, they told me that the server specs I had ordered from BurstNET weren't what I had.

Finally, after the nightmare with BurstNET(see the outages they've been having) I ordered a new server from QuickPacket.

Within 2 hours of getting my server information from QuickPacket, PSM had my new server was up and running. All my accounts had been transfered, DNS setup, installed some other software I requested.

PSM answers tickets quickly. They are very courteous and get the job done. For someone like me who is very busy and isn't a Linux/server expert, they make life much more easy.

They're only $29/month. It is the greatest investment I've ever made.

I hope this review could be of help to others.

Link: http://www.platinumservermanagement.com/

You are one of many happy customers. I hope your good experience with them continues. They seem to keep getting better; keep up the good work PSM.

<< Also, they told me that the server specs I had ordered from BurstNET weren't what I had. >>

I highly doubt that, and if such was the case, chances are you just needed a bios setting changed. Regardless, you should have opened a support ticket to have it corrected---which we would have looked into and completed for you promptly.

<< Finally, after the nightmare with BurstNET(see the outages they've been having) >>

Equipment failures can/will happen, especially with a budget hosting company.
    The vast majority of servers affected just experienced a simple reboot/power-cycle a few times (a few servers had other issues or required maintenance due to kernel/hardware issues (which would have happened eventually anyways most likely upon next reboot...) and did have additional downtime...but not many overall)---nothing I would classify as even close to a "nightmare"--especially considering we kept our client-base informed of what was going on.

<< The first thing I needed was to finally get my server up and running that I had ordered from BurstNET about a week earlier. cPanel was setup incorrectly. DNS wasn't working. Couldn't aquire my IPs. So much more, it was a nightmare. I know unmanaged means unmanaged but I was at least expecting cPanel to be installed correctly so that I could run the first-time-login setup. >>

Did you open support tickets about this? Our staff would have assisted you with your issue(s), or even done a complete re-install at no charge if the install was faulty.

From the sounds of your posting it seems to me you did not try an get this resolved with us, and just jumped ship and decided to complain instead---a shame, as we could have fixed the issue(s) you mention above rather easily.

Last edited by HostJedi; 09-18-2006 at 01:02 AM.

Yep, after checking, if you are the client I believe you are, you had an an AMD Athlon system, which is our most common system to display CPU settings incorrectly. Most likely you just needed a bios setting fixed to display the CPU properly, which may have reverted to the wrong setting after one of the reboots.

My apologies if I have the wrong server, but I am pretty sure that is the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET
    Yep, after checking, if you are the client I believe you are, you had an an AMD Athlon system, which is our most common system to display CPU settings incorrectly. Most likely you just needed a bios setting fixed to display the CPU properly, which may have reverted to the wrong setting after one of the reboots.

My apologies if I have the wrong server, but I am pretty sure that is the case here.
    Correct.

They told me the specs weren't what I ordered. Which is how I found out and was able to notify you. Which you investigated, found out it was a bad MoBo and fixed it.

I have management with PSM and i must say they are doing a good job, most of the tickets are responded to within an hour. At first i got PSM as a one-time thing but after being with them for one month i was so impressed with the quality of service that i am going to continue using them.

Meisam

Kudos to PSM and kudos to BurstNet for fixing the issue. It guess it helped that PSM was able to detect the issue and provide the client with the details they needed to ensure that BurstNet was able to successfully pin point the problem and resolve it in a timely fashion. Team work to some degree - right?

guys any chance PSM would accept using a CP other than Cpanel, like plesk, directadmin, webmin, or just command line?
    cpanel is usually around 25-30/month, plesk 10, webmin 0 .
    for a heavy web/DB server cpanel can eat up a lot of resources i was told so that would really be great if they could do so!! any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by drepac
    guys any chance PSM would accept using a CP other than Cpanel, like plesk, directadmin, webmin, or just command line?
    cpanel is usually around 25-30/month, plesk 10, webmin 0 .
    for a heavy web/DB server cpanel can eat up a lot of resources i was told so that would really be great if they could do so!! any ideas?
    Not really sure, they say you can email them if you have a different setup, so I'd shoot them over an email.