New York

Have you ever done this with phpBB?

I am going nuts with my project, partially because I chose to make it so damn complicated lol

Anyway, so I wanted to sort of merge ExpressionEngine CMS with phpBB forum...kind of done. Then I needed to create multi-site functionality. EE was designed for this - 30 seconds, done. phpBB on the other hand....

I needed the same forum to be able to be accessed from several different domains (sort of a network kind of thing). I found a mod that allowed this, and I installed it, debugged a bit and I was able to access the forum from two different domains, and the links would be correct for each domain. (Meaning, would show posts as, and would be This was what I wanted.

THEN, (and here's where I shoot myself) I needed each forum to have its own style...or something, not sure how to phrase it. Basically, each domain has nothing to do with each other, so I want to give each "entrance" its own logo/text/theme etc. There's a mod that partially allows this I think, where you can change the logo, but I'm not sure about an entire theme.
    Off the top of my head, (I haven't verified this yet) I might be able to put in some custom code somewhere so that right before it renders the page, I tell it to pick a certain theme depending on which domain it was accessed from..

My question (other than help! lol) is has anyone ever attempted this and succeeded? Or am I just drowning myself slooooowly...
    Unlimited Space! Unlimited Bandwidth! Unlimited Domains/MySQL/Everything!
    24/7 Live Support! 101% Uptime - Guaranteed!
    Disclaimer: This does not exist...........yet!

This looks better in the Technical Forum