DataCenters in Gulf

Hi,
    I just asking folks here if they know about a good cheap hosting company that have datacenters located in the Gulf (egypt, kuweit, lebanon...)
    My site is targeting clients from Gulf so would like host my website there.
    I looking for a service with following features:
    Space : 100-150mo
    Bandwith 5 Go/m minimum
    subdomains
    FTP
    Cpanel w/ Fantastico
    PHP, SQL...
    Thanks a lot for sharing

No experience no info to share ?

Hi,
    thank you for your help and reply, though the tool doesn't show hosting service by country....
    I found this tool http://hosting-location.com/
    but still looking for people to share their experience...
    Cheers

Hello Rkais

i am in gulf

dude theres no datacenters located in gulf with 100% Arabian , so all the gulf companies getting server's from USA DC

anyway if you need'ed any further help i am here
    [EMAIL removed]

Regards
    Last edited by bear; 09-22-2006 at 11:51 AM.

Etisalat (UAE's ISP) has its own Data Center in DUbai, and offers racks and servers for users. Also don't forget Dubai Internet City, there are many companies that provide servers.

Ofcoarse the prices are the triple of that of the US, this is because the bandwidth in expensive here.

Hope this helps

Good Luck!
    •••AESERVER UAE Hosting & Domains [www.aeserver.com]•••
    United Arab Emirates' Premier Webhosting & Domain Name Registrar.
    •••ae Domain Administration (aeDA.ae) accredited registrar | Register your .ae today!•••

rkais , why are u looking for datacenters in gulf ?
    I have clients from all over middleast and i NEVER ever got a server from middleeast, just buy it from US/EU/UK , better bandwidth , better pricing , more open to internet facilities.
    So for the amount of space/bandwidth u need for such clients, you dont even need to know or get a dedicated , get a reseller account and there is a lot of providors and that would go fine with you !
    I know very well the pricing of middle east ISPs and if you are going to go that way, you are not going to attract any customer who already seen prices over internet !!!!
    I have clients who ask me why i dont offer same prices as Yahoo!
    POINTLeb Hosting Lebanese Hosting for the Middle East
    The fact that no one understands you , does not make you an artist
    Mo Ghaoui's Personal Blog

Thanks all for your replies
    I am not a reseller, but doing SEO and you can help improving your ranking in Search engines if you host your website in a datacenter where your audience is located.
    Anyway this is one of the SEO factors but not the only one.
    Cheers

SEO does not check for site IP location , your directories submission and regional submissions is what defines where are u located .
    My sites fall in regional directories in they exact right place since i submitted them, and i never had a regional IP address.
    Am sorry if i am missinterepting ur post but it doesnt sound logical at all !

Quote Originally Posted by Lebanon
    SEO does not check for site IP location , your directories submission and regional submissions is what defines where are u located .
    My sites fall in regional directories in they exact right place since i submitted them, and i never had a regional IP address.
    Am sorry if i am missinterepting ur post but it doesnt sound logical at all !
    Hi Lebanon
    With some more readings it will sound more logical
    http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/060525-093214
    Nice to meet ya
    rkais

yes readings can always be educational
    following your link to arons post .
    You can appear in local databases by hosting your site there, using a domain with a local extension, or having many links from sites that are deemed local in nature.
    So if you are taking his advice, there were several methods to do so and they are all known and do not contradict what i said at all !
    You are choosing local datacenter , nevertheless, the article was discussing google datacenters algos, which according to my info so far they dont have a dc in dubai that it will not really run into dubai local isps to grap info.
    Also, it clearly states and actually its all over google pages , choosing a local extension for your domain will categorize it better , and so shall having LOCAL LINKS,
    Whatever you put up here, the google most important factor is LINKS to your site , and so does the location of those links and it doesnt really affect where your site is HOSTED but rather which known country links and directories.
    example , the lebanese search engine has my sites linked, so does our local mobile directories, so i eventually have a better google ranking when searching lebanese sites ... !
    Hope this puts more light on the subject ,
    Nice to meet u too regards

Hi lebanon
    Thank your for your Post, I am unable to beat u that way,
    I see u already have an arabic website so definitely more experience in getting good ranking comparing to someone who just planned to start targeting this new market.
    As I said, DC is not the only factor, but questions is do other Arabic engines give importance to hosting location too.
    Anyway, the most important for now is to grab RELEVANT Backlinks and rank good on the main SEs.
    I will kindly ask u later on for some informations if needed
    Regards
    Rkais

Hello,
    Your welcome to message me anytime for further questions,
    regarding your last question, arabic search engines do not query hosting location at all as I know, they do add you to their search index , according to the regional and directory you submit your website too, i have made a lot of seo reading and understanding especially for my forum that has a real major problem, that is
    1st: its a not 100% english forum, the users are mostly arabs, YET they type in the non standard english ! So the keywords and search indexes on my forum are not truely a searchable keywords,
    YET, among the exact submissions and fine indexing i have made i am able to recieve loads of traffic through search engines on the keywords that exists !
    Never ever , my hosting location got this affected anyway !, infact i consider a PR3 -PR4 pages results that i achieved for half keywords a great result.
    So if you website is based on 1 single language you should recieve better than that doing half my work !
    Wish you luck with your new project too

Hello Lebanon
    Nice to hear your experience. The website I SEOing is totally in arabic language so there won't be any matter regarding langage. Just need to find out what directories and SEs I should submit to.
    Thanks for your whishes
    Rkais

well , a quick start would be google, MSN bcentral(fee), Yahoo Express(fee)
    Bcentral is not expensive and has a nice procedure, Yahoo is important but u can still apply for free and hope they add it soon.
    Some arabic search engines are listed on http://www.arab.de/asearch.htm
    But its missing few important search directories, such as lebweb.com ,etc
    More detailed search engines websites can be found at :
    For example for Lebanon :
    http://www.searchengineguide.com/pag...non/index.html
    Accordinaly you will find search engines for search or directory websites in each country.
    Am confident just adding those listed here will give u a push start towards PR1-2 first month or so ! Ofcourse the rest is up to regarding SEO and search engine friendly interfaces , yahoo and google sitemaps , etc.

Thanks a lot! these are nice lists
    But have to go slowly in submmiting trying to make it as natural as possible
    Just another question please, I have one website in english with a page in arabic that getting hits belonging to my awstats, but unfortunately it is unreadable, it is showing symbols like : ฑุุุงŠูุงบ ....
    Is there a way to convert that to readable arabic ? or is there any tool to add to hosting account to track keywords and referrals?
    Thanks for all your Sharings
    Rkais

well i didnt quite understood your question, but if i did quite correctly, i think u mean in awstats u cannot read the keywords that is bring traffic ?
    If thats the case all you need to do is change encoding of that page to western arabic or UTF-8 and it should readable in awstats ..
    Let me know if this works or if this is even what ur asking for .. regards

Hello
    yep that was my question and it is readeable after changing that to UTF-8

Thanks for all those info, they were very usefull for me.
    I will start working on the website this week, so hope i won't miss anything in coding
    Best Regards
    RKais

http://www.ehdf.com/ may be useful to you. Dubai Internet City,

Quote Originally Posted by ukhostingco
    http://www.ehdf.com/ may be useful to you. Dubai Internet City,
    Thank you for your link but I dicided to host the website on a US server. My competitors are doing the same so this won't either help me and or penalize me
    Regards
    RKais

I think this is the right decision, a US server
    ArzNet.com
    Providing Hosting & Domain Reseller since 2001
    Clientexec and Directi Domain Reseller with every Reseller Plan - 30 Day Trial Now Available!