Google AdWords: Do you use them?

If you use Google AdWords as a form of advertising for your company, how much do you spend per month on it? What percentage of clicks turn into customers? How many new customers a month do you get just from AdWords?

Just doing some research, thanks.

Here no "standard" answer for your questions - each case has different results/expenses.

If you plan to use them - target your monthly budget from $1000+ if you want to see results and hire PRO to setup keywords/descriptions for YOUR situation.

Quote Originally Posted by steven-v
    Here no "standard" answer for your questions - each case has different results/expenses.

If you plan to use them - target your monthly budget from $1000+ if you want to see results and hire PRO to setup keywords/descriptions for YOUR situation.
    I agree.. Google Adwords are only effective if you have a nice sized budget for advertising so that you can be placed in the top few ads on the first page.

Yeah that's what I've been hearing from people. I guess AdWords is out of the question.

If you think Adwords is not good for you because it requires 1000+/monthly budget, then you dont know much about adwords.

I use adwords a lot. I think it is one of the best advertising methods, if it is done properly.

I disagree. If your looking at the broad industry keywords like: web, web host, web hosting...Then yes you better have deep pockets to shell out the cash for the top 3 positions.

However if you really sit back and think of some specifc keywords that you can target you will find that the CPC is quite low. Sure your not going to recieve massive amounts of traffic, however your conversion ratio should be alot better with a more targetted audience.

Quote Originally Posted by WebCinch_Eric
    I disagree. If your looking at the broad industry keywords like: web, web host, web hosting...Then yes you better have deep pockets to shell out the cash for the top 3 positions.

However if you really sit back and think of some specifc keywords that you can target you will find that the CPC is quite low. Sure your not going to recieve massive amounts of traffic, however your conversion ratio should be alot better with a more targetted audience.
    I agree... and with a more targetted audience, they are there because the larger search did not work for them (maybe). Could be other reasons as well, like typing what you think you should be typing and now knowing to make the search general.

I have one of my campains setup in this fashion.... it works....
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

yep and another option besides niches is to get the really long typed words that are flukes, like when people type "web hosting with php and mysql5" or so on, if you get a huge list of those going that is as good as the big keywords that cost so much. Long tail is great if you can find those words.
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company

There are several reports that show top 3 placings will result in much worse conversions rates compared to be being bottom of the first page or top of the 2nd.

Users that generally surfing around with no real intention to buy are liekly to click the top 3 and not research much further down the list. Users that are looking for a product with specific requirements are much more likely to buy from you.
    Mike Johnson - thehostinglist.com
    Reviews of the world's top web hosting providers
    Check our reviews at thehostinglist.com before you buy your web hosting package!

Quote Originally Posted by thehostinglist
    There are several reports that show top 3 placings will result in much worse conversions rates compared to be being bottom of the first page or top of the 2nd.

Users that generally surfing around with no real intention to buy are liekly to click the top 3 and not research much further down the list. Users that are looking for a product with specific requirements are much more likely to buy from you.
    Right but that has to be gathered for yourself through testing, plus it might also be your ad that is the problem, if you ad broadcast "free month of hosting" or doesn't mention the price more people will click on it just to see, if your ad clearly says the price then you have eliminated the people who can't afford it or don't want to pay that much, then the clicks you get are more likely to convert.
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company

Yes of course good point. It is crucial that you eliminate clicks that are NOT going to buy from you by giving them as much info as possible in the short ad you can place.
    Mike Johnson - thehostinglist.com
    Reviews of the world's top web hosting providers
    Check our reviews at thehostinglist.com before you buy your web hosting package!

in a lot of cases, using your location in keywords will help
    First it will return a lesser fee for CPC and second it will come up for searchers in your location who probably preffer searching for providors in their area and signing up with.
    POINTLeb Hosting Lebanese Hosting for the Middle East
    The fact that no one understands you , does not make you an artist
    Mo Ghaoui's Personal Blog

Hello,

Search engline optmization is necessary to increase the rating of your sites. And what better search engine than Google.....

Google optimization ofcourse returns us results and the ratings in their pages for our website really matters. If you want to increase the hits of your site, then we would recommend you to go for google optimization.

Thank you.

Regards,