Cheapest Dedicated Server?

Just wondering what the cheapest dedicated server is, and what the info is on it?

Also, what the least amount of space/banwidth possible to get on a dedicated server plan?

Search button is good for this...

But for cheap, www.serverbeach.com , they are great, but how low do you want for space and bw?

I'm not excatly looking to buy a dedicated server just yet, I was just wondering what the lowest amount of space and bandwidth is because everywhere I look its mostly 30GB + Space and 200GB + Bandwidth.

This is way out of my reach, price and space wise, except a good resellers packages just ain't good enough for me.

I'm kinda stranded.

I came across a site awhile back that had servers for $49; but I didn't bookmark it, and can't find it now (probably went out of business, anyway). Yet, I would guess there are probably companies that are cheaper than serverbeach or rackshack.

I understand you because I'm in the same boat. I want root access, and can't afford a server, and virtual private servers with a good company aren't much less than a dedicated, and I can't afford them either. Now, if I could just get a good server at $49 mo.

Maybe I could talk to Dell who just closed one of their operation centers in my area, and see if they'd sell me some servers real cheap to colocate.

Look at these guys: http://www.sprocketdata.com

i believe you're thinking of www.fdcservers.net

they seem to have very good pricing as well.

Thumbs down

Originally posted by skylab

fdxservers may have good pricing, but arent they related to the wonderful Kingcomp **COUGH*****COUGH**. I would advise you to do some searches on kingcomp, and there resellers here at web hosting talk. I personally have had very bad experiences with them.
    Sales Department
    [email protected]
    http://www.hostnox.com
    Hosting of the future, today.

Originally posted by hostNOX

fdxservers may have good pricing, but arent they related to the wonderful Kingcomp **COUGH*****COUGH**. I would advise you to do some searches on kingcomp, and there resellers here at web hosting talk. I personally have had very bad experiences with them.
    Well their past surely doesn't speak in their favor but I must say that they have improved.

After my NY meltdown I needed to go somewhere cause my Denver datacenter and Houston colo are ready by end of this month. Petr instantly gave me 3 servers and I am very satisfied. I got my RedHat 7.3 and everything else I requested him to preinstall so I save time. Until now he has not given me a single reason of a doubt.

I'll also support fdcservers/kingcomp. It's true they may at one time have had a few issues, but this has improved 100-fold in the last 4 months. Since they improved their electrical systems in the datacenter a few months back everything has been great. They also have improved their network. They may only use Cogent, but I would guess my avarage uptime would be over the 99.9% mark for the 4 months I've been with them. My servers connection speed has been fast and technical support has been nothing less than first rate considering the price.

One thing I hope Petr will consider offering is remote reboot capability, would be a nice little extra, but not really necesarry...

Well you should better go for webauthorities.com. I heard that when you get the second dedicated server from them they will provide on almost half price. I am already having one dedicated server and its running really well for last 4 months.

Originally posted by chrisb

Maybe I could talk to Dell who just closed one of their operation centers in my area, and see if they'd sell me some servers real cheap to colocate.
    Let me know if you get a few

Everybody else; Thanks very much.

Originally posted by skylab

Yes, fdcservers was the one. sprocketdata? They jump from $35 to $100. That's called low-balling and I don't care for any company that uses that car-salesman type tactic.

Exclamation

<troll feeding mode>
    Low-ball tactic? Not at all, and I don’t understand how you could perceive it that way. We’ve never been accused of anything even marginally “shady”. Search the forums here or on Geek sites such as perlmonks.org to read comments about us. Prospective clients are always free to email me for a list of references (which includes Perl Guru Randal Schwartz) for more opinions. Questioning our integrity is a bit much…
    </troll feeding mode>

What you see listed on our web site are simply the systems we always have in stock, 100% of the time. Understandably, this accounts for only a tiny fraction of our available configurations. Since we customize almost all of our Dedicated Server Plans to fit each client’s individual needs, it would be silly to try and list all possible configurations and price points.

I do think you have a point however. We should list more of our budget-oriented options on our site. Thanks for the inspiration. I’ll have our guys add more options to the site today.

Of course we could pull a "me-too" like some of the companies out there and advertise one price point all the time and magically have it out of stock most of the time. Now that would really be “car-salesman-ish”….

Originally posted by chrisb
    I came across a site awhile back that had servers for $49; but I didn't bookmark it, and can't find it now (probably went out of business, anyway).
    Hey chris, If I remember correctly, that site is http://www.acsdatanet.com/ but looks like they are down.

-Steven
    http://www.insiderhosting.com
    BGP Blend of Telia, GTT, Zayo, and Cogent in One Wilshire, Los Angeles!
    True Definition of Managed Hosting
    Proudly Offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Co-location

Originally posted by Axel Teflon
    I'm not excatly looking to buy a dedicated server just yet
    Good. I was worried when you started looking for the cheapest rather than the best value!
    I thank my Lord for all His wonderful blessings.

Originally posted by insiderhosting
    Hey chris, If I remember correctly, that site is http://www.acsdatanet.com/ but looks like they are down.
    Yes, this is the place. I had a box with them. When they went under **************.com bought out most of their accounts (including mine). I still have my box at the same monthly price, and service is more reliable now. The $49 box is no longer available. :-(