hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Managed Hosting and Services : HSphere Management

Forum Jump

HSphere Management

Reply Post New Thread In Managed Hosting and Services Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-17-2006, 09:33 AM
Web Hosting Master

HSphere Management

I'm looking for a very good hsphere manager. I don't care if it's one freelance person or a large company. But I want proof of a good track record (threads here on WHT will suffice...or similar) and knowledge of the job.

Setting up Hsphere, server, maintenance, patches, updates, security, hardening...all services similar to what platinumservermanagement offers and more if available.

My budget for this won't be huge...and not looking to hire for a couple months. Right now I was just hoping people would contact me if they offer this, or post here/pm me if they have any recommendations.

I'll be starting off with hsphere on one/two servers...then when needed more will be added.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2006, 09:54 AM
Web Hosting Master

Have you considered going with mnaged HSphere dedicated server provider?

Equinix Secaucus NY2 and NY4 (NYC Metro)

Old 09-17-2006, 10:10 AM
Web Hosting Master

i have...but the ones i've found are just too expensive

Last edited by Daniel B; 09-17-2006 at 10:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2006, 01:32 AM
Location = SoapBox

Quote:
i have...but the ones i've found are just too expensive
Hello Irisfire, the problem is that full, pro-active management like what you are looking for really isnt an inexpensive service to acquire.

What sort of budget did you have in mind and what sort of server specs are you looking for?

Old 09-18-2006, 09:34 AM
Web Hosting Master

I hope you aren't expecting to pay what platinumservermanagement charges for an hsphere admin. You will never find it.

You can check out:
www.wemanageservers.com (I use and would highly recommend)
www.ladylinux.com

It will be atleast $100+ per month for 1 server. So it all depends on your budget.

Old 09-18-2006, 11:06 AM
Community Liaison

What is your budget? Like Crazyfish said, you probably wont find one for too much less than $100 per server. Hsphere is a great system, but you do need to know what you are doing with it. A managed Hsphere server might be the way to go. You should be able to find an affordable managed, single server install to start with for a reasonable price.

Facebook only Specials https://www.facebook.com/WebNX

Old 09-18-2006, 11:10 AM
Web Hosting Master

i'm not exactly sure what my budget is at the moment...hopefully somewhere between $300-$500 a month. Or possibly a little more with two servers. Right now i'm planning prices and things for my business plan...so i'm not 100% sure on all the exacts at the moment.

Old 09-18-2006, 11:45 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfish
I hope you aren't expecting to pay what platinumservermanagement charges for an hsphere admin. You will never find it.
why exactly is that? (i'm not expecting to pay that little...but now i'm curious as to why... )

Old 09-18-2006, 12:06 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisfire
why exactly is that? (i'm not expecting to pay that little...but now i'm curious as to why... )
I guess you could call hsphere a 'niche' control panel, its not as widely spread as cpanel so you have fewer choices for admins but the good admins mainly focus on hsphere and know it very well. With a highly specialized admin comes a higher price.

Our budget of $300-500 is that for the admin and server? Are you able to do somethings yourself on the server? Or are you looking for a 100% managed solution leaving you to focus on sales and day-to-day operation?

Old 09-18-2006, 12:10 PM
Web Hosting Master

i've never run a server...but i am a very quick learner...and as long as things are pretty logical i'm very good at learning...so to start i want a 100% managed...although i'm sure i won't need it...i'd like to have the option there if the need did arise unexpectedly.

the $300-$500 is for the server and management...push it to $700 max with a 2 server setup (still not sure on that)

what i would really really love (though highly unexpected) is to get with someone that is pretty much operating on his own...or with a small but excellent company...and maybe possibly finding myself a my future CTO in the process...(hey...doesn't hurt to dream )

Old 09-18-2006, 12:13 PM
Community Liaison

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfish
I guess you could call hsphere a 'niche' control panel, its not as widely spread as cpanel so you have fewer choices for admins but the good admins mainly focus on hsphere and know it very well. With a highly specialized admin comes a higher price.
This is true. Hsphere is a totally different animal. Things are done differently and there are also lots of little things to be aware of.

Old 09-18-2006, 12:18 PM
Web Hosting Master

Thats a realistic budget depending on what server specs you want.

The support forum at psoft is very good, and the customer only forum is extremely helpful with lots of howto and such.

And like Chris_M said it is a different animal. It has a high learning curve but IMO its worth it.

Old 09-18-2006, 12:25 PM
Community Liaison

It does have a high learning curve, but once you get used to things, you realize that it's well worth the time spent learning. I wouldnt use anything else.

Old 09-18-2006, 12:41 PM
Web Hosting Master

yeah...i've been researching panels for over a month...and finally chose hsphere...though i am going to use cerebus instead of the standard desk that comes with it...

how hard would you guys say it would be to learn? Should i just try to do it myself with no management or should i get the mangement since i've never done it before?

I'm just always paranoid something will mess up that i won't know how to fix.

Old 09-18-2006, 12:48 PM
Web Hosting Master

Get the management, if you have never done this before you don't want to start learning on a production server. The control panel will keep you busy learning all the ins and outs.

There are some talks about psoft intergrating kayako into hsphere. So you might want to talk to psoft sales about that before buying cerburus. The ticketing system is alright for light useage but it does lack some things.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
SolarWinds Buys Web Performance Monitoring Provider Pingdom Web Hosting News 2014-06-18 12:30:01
Kaseya Acquires Cloud Management and Monitoring Firm Zyrion Web Hosting News 2013-07-11 11:42:53
Red Hat Completes Acquisition of Cloud Management Tool ManageIQ Web Hosting News 2013-01-22 14:13:37
Cloud Management Software Intigua Raises $8.6 Million in Funding Web Hosting News 2013-01-17 16:58:48
Domain Marketplace Sedo Announces Management Changes, New Appointments Web Hosting News 2012-11-07 16:23:38