Netbunch/Webhostplus servers on "dirty IP's"?

My website is hosted by netbunch/webhostplus.

I use several php files that call a mailing routine using the mail() function. These functions were working several months back and I have made no changes to the files.

Currently the files do work, but the email messages don't reach all destinations. For example, I personally have 3 email accounts - a school account (ufl.edu), an aol account (aol.com), and an email account from my website which is hosted on netbunch/WHP's server (mydomain.com). I tested the files on all 3 accounts. The message only reaches one of them -- myemail_at_mydomain.com

I remember reading a post on webhosttalk that some of the netbunch/webhostplus servers operate off a dirty IP (e.g., many mail servers have them blacklisted). So just out of curiosity, I ftp'd my files to my wife's domain (hosted by aplus.net). I again tested the file on all 3 of my email accounts. Lo and behold, the message went through to all 3!

Could there be any credence to this 'dirty IP' theory based on this evidence? If not, what other factors can be causing this problem, and how can it be solved?

If they indeed assigned you bl'd ip space then yes it is definitely something that can be acredited to the emails not getting through.

What you can try and do is contact whomever has them blacklisted and see what they'd require to remove the blacklist (quite often only the ip space holder can submit blacklist removal information, as such you might be stuck having to try and get whp or their upstream provider to handle the removal).
    Justin Schurawlow :: Technology Enthusiast
    Schurawlow PC Repair
    Computer Services for the Lehigh Valley area
    Blog :: The Justin Schurawlow Blog

Quote Originally Posted by jschurawlow
    ...contact whomever has them blacklisted...
    Thanks for the quick response! My concern is....even if it would have some effect (which I doubt), I can't possibly contact them all since I don't even know who has them blacklisted! 2 of the 3 I tried seem to be blocking the messages, and the 3rd is _MY OWN DOMAIN_!

I can understand aol having them blacklisted since millions of people have aol email addresses. But if a school such as ufl.edu has them blacklisted, then it's likely the blacklist is extremely widespread to the point of being beyond reproach, no?

Is there nothing else that can be done? I mean, I can still get messages through to aol.com and ufl.edu using outlook express (though my outgoing server is set to mail.lig.bellsouth.net...hmmm...does that mean aol.com and ufl.edu are not seeing the message as originating from my website's server?)

Actually, nevermind, I changed the outgoing mail server in outlook express to mail.mydomain.com, sent an email to my ufl.edu and aol.com accouts, and it got through...so does that now mean that the server is _not_ blacklisted by neither ufl.edu or aol.com?

Pretty much everything about Webhostplus is dirty even though most of their IPs aren't blacklisted. You really might want to search this forum for Webhostplus and read some of the recent threads.

Quote Originally Posted by brendandonhu
    Pretty much everything about Webhostplus is dirty even though most of their IPs aren't blacklisted. You really might want to search this forum for Webhostplus and read some of the recent threads.
    Yes, I know, I know, I'm lightyears beyond the "WHP is bad" question....