mysql 5.0 rollback to mysql 4.0

We have a Windows 2003 web server running php4 and last spring a student upgraded mysql from 4.0 to 5.0. We have found some compatibility issues between php 4 and mysql 5 and would like to rollback to mysql 4.0. Any help???

A bit more info...
    We don't have anyone who has successfully installed php5 on a 2003 server so at this time it is not an option.

Thanks,

Doug Adkins
    Web Design Instructor
    Sprague High School
    Salem Oregon

Alright. Roll-backing to MySQL 4.0 isn't an easy process if I recall, you'll need to dump the whole database into a .sql file and execute it back on the 4.0.

However, I don't suggest that. I suggest you install a copy of MySQL 4.0 running on a seperate port, extract the database from the 5.0 install and import it back in to 4.0. Check permissions, rinse and repeat.
    VEXXHOST, Inc.
    Secure & Reliable Hosting Solutions for Developers & Enterprises
    High Performance OpenStack® Public Cloud | Cloud Servers | Web Hosting

Well, if you need PHP5 installed, I'll write up a visual tutorial if you five me a few days. I have installed it on server 2003 servers before. I figure i offer it as it is a pain in the *** do downgrade from mysql 5 to 4. It's doable, but not fun

Matt
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Currently a Master Electrician on Broadway.
    My company, BurstAV, specializes in A/V Systems Design and integration.
    I also own ConcertCables. We build power/data cables for the entertainment industry.

Cool

I am no PHP expert but I know that there is now a way cPanel hosts can offer PHP 4 and PHP 5 on the same server. I have seen a couple of people talking about it.
    Might be worth looking into. I have heard it's a nightmare to go back (that's why we have separate servers for the versions)

(Sorry, just noticed you were on Windows, might or might not be possible, but I know PHP 5 can be run on Windows, you just obviously have some software that's not PHP 5 compatible)
    New Idea Hosting NO Overselling-Business-Grade, Shared Only! New-In House Design Team.
    High Speed & Uptime; , DIY Pro-Site Builder-Daily Backups-Custom Plans, All Dual Xeon Quad Intel servers w/ ECC DDR3 RAM SCSI RAID minimums.
    We Concentrate on Shared Hosting ...doing one thing and doing it VERY well

Notice what he wrote.

Windows Server 2003
    IIS
    PHP4
    MySQL 5

No where does he say linux

Linux is the only OS that cPanel is written for (well, BSD is in there too but it's all the same).

Matt
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Currently a Master Electrician on Broadway.
    My company, BurstAV, specializes in A/V Systems Design and integration.
    I also own ConcertCables. We build power/data cables for the entertainment industry.

Thanks

Thanks for the prompt replies. Unfortunately the suggestions don't sound very easy. I will run it by my student/experts and see what we can do. We have become very dependent on our php pages and so I can't afford to "break" anything. I may be back asking a few more questions.

Thanks,

Doug Adkins

Hi Doug,

We have successfully installed PHP5 on all of our Windows 2003 Server boxes. Unfortunately the install from php.net is totally useless. You can follow directions on how to do this properly, it should be a lot easier for you to install PHP5 instead of downgrading to mySQL 4.

Here is a link that I found on google for the install -- http://www.peterguy.com/php/install_IIS6.html

Good luck with the install.