2 2.56%
  • Dehe

2 2.56%
  • LeeWare

1 1.28%
  • Liquidweb

7 8.97%

Best Vps Company

Answer please for Best Virtual Server Company.

YAPT (Yet Another Popularity Test).

/sigh
    DevOps!

Quote Originally Posted by akoulini
    Answer please for Best Virtual Server Company.

That is an impossible question to answer. There is no such thing as the "Best Virtual Server Company." Each person has their choice as to what they consider better than another provider.
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers

Quote Originally Posted by Virpus-Ken
    " Each person has their choice as to what they consider better than another provider.
    this a mean!!!
    the person choise.

this a mean!!!
    the person choise.
    Sorry, I'm not fluent in gibberish...

don't pay any attention to that akoulini, he's just afraid he'll be outranked by another company. hehe.

but I do agree that each person has their favorite. One person my swear up and down over DEHE (haha I know) while another person may argue and say "no virplus is the best" or another person may say "no knownhost is the best" so yeah its an unfair question to ask, but I understand why your asking it, because you are concerned about choosing the right host that will give you adequate support, communicate with you well, give you the reliability and software components that you need at a fair price that you can afford.

I understand all these issues all too well, as I myself have been bouncing aound from one host to the other trying to find a host that "fits me", and its difficult I know..

and then, once you find a host that has good support, is friendly to you, has the features you want, etc, then there is the question of price. After all, price is a major issue and is always the deciding factor rather you say "yeah I'll sign up" or "no I will not", because you never know about the other things (reliability, support niceness etc) until you sign up for yourself, so I know that price that your budget can afford is #1 priority..

a better question, would be to ask, while doing research, what kinds of things should I be looking for? thats probably an easier question to answer, for whatever host you choose, that host has to be able to meet all your requirements.

For instance, first thing I would look at is where the datacenter is located, how reliable is it? is it in your geographical location where you and your visitors are? those kinds of things..

does the hosting provider speak your native language? Can you communicate with the host well when issues come up? do they have a 99.8, 99.9 or 100% uptime guarantee of some sort, and how important is it to them that they actually DO follow up with that guarantee? (because not all hosts give a crap about that I know)... Me for instance, if I was a hosting provider, which I'm not, but if I was, I'd be treating every customer as if that person was a member of my family... and for me personally, thats the kind of host I'm looking for, someone who will be more then just a "host", but a friend too, someone who will stay up all night if necessary to make sure when problems come up they are fixed, just as if it was their own mothers website being down.. that in my opinion would be the ideal host...

also check different pricing for what you need.. For instance, if you need cpanel / Fantastico / RVSkin, does the host include all that into the price, or will you have to pay extra for those things? and if so, how much more? and compare that total cost, to someone else who might offer you a bundle like that for a couple dollars cheaper, heck if your like me and paying for hosting out of your personal checking account, even a couple of dollars makes all the difference in the world, because it means deciding if I want to buy groceries that week, or pay for a web host, hehe, so price has got to be the #1 factor along with customer service I think.

but as for who is the "best", I cannot answer that, as I have no clue...
    At the present time, Future Host has my vote.. However, I have not tried any of those choices except for Future Host, and DEHE, so for the other choices I can't speak for those as I just don't know if they are any better then Future Host or not, so I'm not the one to answer that question either, since I don't know the others reputation or anything like that, so I am not going to answer this question directly either..

About all I can suggest to you, is pick one, try them out, if you don't like them, move on to someone else, so on and so forth.. That is what I have been doing, thats about all we can do really, because even if 998 out of 1,000 people voted for virplus for instance, that doesn't necessarily mean you'll have good luck with them, chances are you might not, then you'll turn around and be mad at us for recommending that host to you, so I would say, try each one out for yourself and make your own determination.. then post back here with your results on each one if you like thats up to you but seriously, get out there and decide for yourself, find one that fits your budget, treats you friendly and who you consider a friend and not just another client, who has all the software and hardware requirements your looking for, and who will help you along the way without forgetting about you after you are no longer a new customer, find one that does all that, and report back to us, we would all like to know good luck.
    Last edited by bubazoo; 09-16-2006 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dharding
    Sorry, I'm not fluent in gibberish...
    sorry but i cant edit my post.
    so i meaning 'tell me the best company of your personal experience"

I can't believe how often we see the exact same question being asked on here, I have only been a member here for a short period of time, (about 6 months) but I have seen this question numerous times.

I guess the search facility must be turned off for new members or they could find the answer easily.

BTW Whilst I agree with the previous posters, and do not believe any one cmpany can always be the best, having tried 6 different hosts over the past 5 years, I have found TWO truly outstanding ones, and since I could only vote for one, I voted JaguarPC (Yes they have been that good in my experience), but I would add EuroVPS are also exceptionally good and anyone hosting with either of these 2 companies would be hard pressed to find better.

I would consider EuroVPS to be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel007
    I can't believe how often we see the exact same question being asked on here, I have only been a member here for a short period of time, (about 6 months) but I have seen this question numerous times.

I guess the search facility must be turned off for new members or they could find the answer easily.

BTW Whilst I agree with the previous posters, and do not believe any one cmpany can always be the best, having tried 6 different hosts over the past 5 years, I have found TWO truly outstanding ones, and since I could only vote for one, I voted JaguarPC (Yes they have been that good in my experience), but I would add EuroVPS are also exceptionally good and anyone hosting with either of these 2 companies would be hard pressed to find better.
    My friend of course does not exist "Best Company' but exist 'best company from personal experience' ,i said that again.

Where is Spry/Vpslink, without them list is totally incomplete.

Rest Futurehosting are doing good lately, with presence in SL Datacentre, their prices seems pretty good and they seem to invest much on promotions, shows they are to stay here.

My friend of course does not exist "Best Company' but exist 'best company from personal experience' ,i said that again.

You can't give a vote on who's best based on your personal experience unless you have personal experience with every company on the list.

JaguarPC for me...

Best one not included in this poll...

Exclamation some more factors

QUOTE=Apoc]You can't give a vote on who's best based on your personal experience unless you have personal experience with every company on the list.[/QUOTE]

I agree to you, but then there are certain cases that i will need all to look through the factors given below, so that all of us have a clear picture of a better host.

support (phone) yes / no
    chat support (24 / 7 ) yes / no
    prompt ticket response yes / no
    atleast 98.9 % uptime yes / no
    DDOS attacks faced Yes / no
    server overloads per moth yes / no

these factors put the best threshold for checking of a good VPS provider

thanks needed one vps myself

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc
    You can't give a vote on who's best based on your personal experience unless you have personal experience with every company on the list.
    You pretty much nailed it. And what's the point in this thread when everyone has different reasons for joining a particular VPS? Try to be more specific about what the poll is trying to measure/compare..
    -joon [www:dvessel:com]

You pretty much nailed it. And what's the point in this thread when everyone has different reasons for joining a particular VPS? Try to be more specific about what the poll is trying to measure/compare
    correct..personally i dont have experience with the above listed companies and i couldnt join the poll.. otherwise u have to include allmost all the good vps companies i think.

According to the rules of this board it is impossible to answer that question.

Don't the rules say you can't comment on a provider unless you have experience with that provider? And by saying one is the best wouldn't that be commenting on all others?

The answer is simple.. "The one that best suits your needs".

There is no such thing as the best company, only what is the best company for your needs. That is like saying what is the best car, best house, best business location. There are a lot of determining factors, and everyon has different needs, therefore there is a market of many providers to help each individual reach their goals.
    || Josh Anderson - CVO A&M Hosting
    || A&M Hosting | Virtual Private Servers
    || US | UK
    || No overselling guaranteed