Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dedicated Server Ad on WHT -- Sales has no idea about it!

There is a company that has their banner rotating at the top of the WHT site and I saw it today and thought it was a good deal. I contacted their support and they had no clue what I was talking about. I chatted with the sales rep for about 12 minutes and he had no clue about the ad and he finally requested I open a ticket in their system.

Anyone ever have this sort of thing happen? What happens if they won't honor the ad?

As of now it has been about 6 hours with no response. We'll see if they respond and what they have to say.

I don't want to say the name of the company as it's not a flame thread I just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this and how it was handled and whether or not the company should honor their ad.

Food for thought.

Eric

are you refering to surfspeedy add here?

hmmmmm Maybe...why do you ask?

Eric

183 posts and you are checking out surfspeedy? Use the search tool.
    GeeksGather - Undergoing redevelopment. Stand by.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelManual
    I haven't searched about them either, they're that bad? (I do not intend on getting a server there.)
    AS395558

They use Layered Tech servers and they have a good network. But their support are very slow/bad and they are overselling like h*** on their shared accounts. And they close down accounts for anything, since they oversell so much.

Edit: and their offer says Cpanel servers from $39.95.....it's not true. To that price you get a VPS/VDS and not your own server. Another false ad from surfspeedy.com.....not the first, and most likely not the last. They live of telling lies.

If you are looking for a cheap server, try:
    http://www.managemybox.com/
    http://www.layeredtech.com
    http://hostinganddesigns.com (LT reseller - Managed service)
    Last edited by myhken; 09-16-2006 at 09:55 AM.
    My Top 20 benchmark list (and review site)
    Powered by: Kimsufi, backed up by: Hetzner, DigitalOcean and Vultr.com
    Also using
    SolaDrive.com (56+ months), KnownHost.com (56+ months)

hmm does that mean they get ads for free, or that their sales dont have a clue about their advertising?

Quote Originally Posted by PixelManual
    Thanks for the sarcasm. Acutally I didn't search for reviews of them as I was only curious of the ad they had posted to use as a test box(s). I would not need the most reliable service on that box as it would only be a test environment for me.

Eric

Edit: and their offer says Cpanel servers from $39.95.....it's not true. To that price you get a VPS/VDS and not your own server. Another false ad from surfspeedy.com.....not the first, and most likely not the last. They live of telling lies.
    This is the note that I saw and that would be a great deal for a test box. I would definitely not expect the best service for that amount but I would expect a dedicated server as they advertised and not a VPS/VDS.

Very sad. Does WHT know of this and yet still allow the deceptive ad to run?

Eric

why not report it and see what action they take against the advertiser. Ads keeps the forum running, but I guess there are rules against deceptive ads.
    -Mr Bister

I won't report it until I get confirmation from SurfSpeedy that they won't honor the ad of a $39.95 Dedicated Server with Cpanel.

I still have hopes they will come through on this.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by ene
    I won't report it until I get confirmation from SurfSpeedy that they won't honor the ad of a $39.95 Dedicated Server with Cpanel.

I still have hopes they will come through on this.

Eric
    heh, I doubt they will. You know how many people are going to read this and try and say they seen the ad to? Just to get a $40 server? I would just report it if you feel its false advertising and move on.
    Dave

I just saw their ad and it says:

"Looking for a dedicated server?"

"cPanel Servers from $39.95/mo"

Now, if that does not insinuate that they offer dedicated servers with cPanel for $39.95/month, I must be going blind.
    ServerFixIt - 100% Pro-Active Server Management
    We support: cPanel | Plesk | DirectAdmin | Webmin | no control panel
    http://www.serverfixit.com

or, it might be differant offerings... saying they offer dedicated servers, and also have available cPanel servers starting at $39.95... with the $39.95 servers being VPS's.

That might be true, but the way that ad is written, IMO it clearly asks the question "Looking for a dedicated server?" and then answers the question by stating "cPanel Servers from $39.95/mo".
    ServerFixIt - 100% Pro-Active Server Management
    We support: cPanel | Plesk | DirectAdmin | Webmin | no control panel
    http://www.serverfixit.com

I had a friend use them for about 20 min's of the vps being up and it was down, over 7 times in 1 hour. I looked through his tickets as he asked me too, it was quite obvious how surfspeedy did not want to refund him as he asked "I would like a refund now" and their replys went "Your server is working fine now". They finally cancelled his vps and have yet to send the refund.

I truly feel sorry for him but it's just another rip off, or dare I say scam from surfspeedy.
    » VPSFuze.com - Performance should be noticeable - VPS Hosting at its best.
    » HostingFuze.com - Affordable & Reliable Shared & Master Reseller hosting services

Quote Originally Posted by ene
    Very sad. Does WHT know of this and yet still allow the deceptive ad to run?
    WHT doesn't organise advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by ServerFixIt
    I just saw their ad and it says:

"Looking for a dedicated server?"

"cPanel Servers from $39.95/mo"

Now, if that does not insinuate that they offer dedicated servers with cPanel for $39.95/month, I must be going blind.
    Those two lines could be considered separare products. I do agree it's a tad confusing, and maybe they should clarify that ad a touch?
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

No need too with the signups they get, they are just taking in the money.
    » VPSFuze.com - Performance should be noticeable - VPS Hosting at its best.
    » HostingFuze.com - Affordable & Reliable Shared & Master Reseller hosting services

I noticed the ad and I thought to myself, that seems too good to be true but never actually clicked on it. That's a bait, they should change the ad or remove them from WHT.

jeez, that is a joke and a half. And deceptive, no way around it. Im looking right at it now and it looks like an ad for $40 cpanel servers, nothing else, and dedicated at that.
    Notice when you click the ad you get this page for the p4 server.
    What a shady bunch, Someone would be about stupid to buy anything from them.

Would have been nice if the campaign started on Monday. It's hard to get someone from iNET that has the capability to address these issues on the weekend.

Now that it's a new week, that banner isn't being shown.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Well after a few dialogs back and forth with Surf Speedy sales (and they are anything but speedy) they have chosen to not honor the ad and to make no effort to make things right.

So so so sad...another black mark on Surf Slowy's reputation.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse
    WHT doesn't organise advertising.
    Whom does one contact in the event of a misleading/expired/invalid ad?
    Big things coming soon

I could be wrong here - but I imagine this would get you to the inet advertising people:

http://www.inetinteractive.com/about/contact.html
    Corey Northcutt | Electric Goat Media
    Currently building this nifty small business ROI calculator.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast