PDQ hosting - BEWARE

Just thought I'd share my experience with PDQ hosting so others wont have to go through what I have.

These guys take days to respond to emails, I have emailed them many times and after waiting for days their reply is nearly always very short and doesnt address the problem. Their replys dont answer any of my questions even when I was requesting payment details they would reply and not include payment details I have requested there bank/paypal info so many times its stupid. Even though I was sending constant emails to them in an effort to pay my account once my account was late they deleted all my content and replaced my index page with a page saying:

This company does not pay there bills, they are cheaters beware - or something similar to that.

I still have not got any of my data back. I eventually paid my account when they replied with the details, after at least 5 requests. Now that I have paid it they have cancelled my account and when emailing them to find out what is going on they replied and said that they have no records of me ever having an account with them. which is stupid because I have invoices to prove otherwise. I had a reseller account with only about 5 customers all of which didnt have backups of alot of the data stored on the server. I am still asking them for the backups with no luck. I just sent them the last email telling them that if I dont recieve the backups by end of next week I will be taking the issue to court.

Bottom line is, dont deal with this company or you will have nothing but problems.

What website(s) were you hosting with them? Where have you moved your business to now?

I had the same issue with mydomain.com I feel for you coz its a REALLY annoying experence the trouble seems to be any fool can start up there own hosting biz its just so hard to know who is real about it and who really cares
    Your experince is worse than mine having a reseller acount i did not so it only stuffed me around so you must be more annoyed than i ever was
    Anyway good luck!
    and thank you for sharing your review with us.

PDQ Networks is horrible

I had an absolutely horrible experience with them.. badhosting.net for details!

Their DNS server had incorrect information in it and they just kept telling me to change the name servers on the domain. I had already many days before that, and I even explained to them how to fix it, but they would not listen.

I would certainly stay away from PDQ Networks!

Well if i am not mistaken pdq does business only via ebay, and i had contacted few customers of their using ebay and they seemed happy enough with the price they pay for hosting (something around $1 or 2 for 10 gig or something like that).
    12+ years -same website , new server [SSD Inside] providing shared/reseller hosting only !
    These things we do not provide/offer : Unlimited Storage ! Unlimited Bandwidth ! But Why? Cause, we were unable to put such a large number on our pages, it just would not fit.
    So check out the numbers that actually fit >> << the page as well as your budget too !

That may well be the case. I know they have a web site they do sell hosting from, but my experience was from ebay. It was a reseller account and it was cheap (under $10 for 5 GB space and unlimited domains), but even for that price I was very unhappy.

It was primarily that they insisted they were right and wouldn't even try to listen to fix the problem. Eventually they did but that was after I was ridiculed by their staff and everything but called a liar. Now they have come out and flat out said I am dishonest, but everything they say I didn't do, Ihave proof that I did (like pay my bill, change name servers host a site on their server...) It is absolutely rediculous the claims they make.

Personally I would recommend people going elsewhere as I would hate for anyone to go through what I did. If someone that didn't know anything would go through this they might have had a domain hijacked or who knows. They are just an unprofessional company with horrible customer service.

Too many other companies out there for anyone to have to deal with these morons.

vbmenu_register("postmenu_4107831", true);
    I'm guessing
    Somebodyelse [IMG]whtimages_blue/images/buttons/offline.gif[/IMG] vbmenu_register("postmenu_4232643", true);
    would be the guy they claim never opened a tech support ticket for a tech support issue then complained about the tech support ! I saw an auto responder at: papajon@pdqnetworks.com

are all these 'complainers' newbies ? I'm only guessing that they are different people.

All I know is they have 1000 + positive feedbacks on Ebay so they can't be that bad.

Btw

BTW:

Even though I was sending constant emails to them in an effort to pay my account once my account was late they deleted all my content and replaced my index page with a page saying:

This company does not pay there bills, they are cheaters beware - or something similar to that.

That sounds like something a school kid would dream up, do you honestly expect anybody to believe that ?

Please!

replies to you all

Wow it looks like we have one or two unhappy campers so here are a few replies in one message:

First darkt3ch

We do not play junior high pranks with filler pages, please post this filler page somewhere for me to take a look at.

Once a customer cancels an account we do not keep their data on the servers forever. We also cleanup obsolete backups on a regular basis

Tech support tickets are answered in a timely manner 24/7/365 but emails to our sales dept. are answered promptly normally during business hours HOWEVER emails that have a high obscenity content may be ignored.

If you would like to email us with the details on the 4-5 accounts I will to locate backups if at all possible.

MR Underg

from Sask, is that correct? Ebay member randyt4319 who had a feedback score of two at the time. I had a quick scan of the emails (you are not the guy who was making out he was an M.P. are you?) and can find question from you but no actual purchase of the item number your question on May 16th was about. Please feel free to email mewith details of your and I will look into your concerns

MR somebodyelse

When you signed up we were having problem with lpanel / coupon codes and I’m sure if Mike from lpanel is around he will confirm this.

Even though you didn’t pay the full amount we still activated your account ASAP as you were in a hurry. The last thing we expected was an email from you stating that you would pay the balance when you got around it to. Despite several reminders YOU CHOSE not to pay so we auto suspended your account to jog your memory.

Yesterday I checked your domain cloverscorner.com at dnsstuff.com. It still resolves to the orginal servers and your whois record at dnstuff.com still shows your NS record as our server. It never did resolve to our server. On this point I can also confirm that you NEVER opened a tech support ticket on any tech related issues. I will try to get our tech support manager to confirm this here sometime today.

As I pointed out to you, leaving a long essay for the admin dept. on a tech support issue is not the most expedient way to get an issue resolved but you still chose this route several times.

Mickj is correct papajon@pdqnetworks.com (autoresponder) is our response to your Ebay feedback. BTW I think I told you we had 300 repeat Ebay customers , that is correct but they didn’t all repeat buy on Ebay (it’s only about 265 on Ebay)

I would like to thank you all for giving us a try in the first place and wish you luck in your future endeavours.

Quote Originally Posted by pdqnetworks
    Wow it looks like we have one or two unhappy campers so here are a few replies in one message:

MR somebodyelse

When you signed up we were having problem with lpanel / coupon codes and I’m sure if Mike from lpanel is around he will confirm this.

Even though you didn’t pay the full amount we still activated your account ASAP as you were in a hurry. The last thing we expected was an email from you stating that you would pay the balance when you got around it to. Despite several reminders YOU CHOSE not to pay so we auto suspended your account to jog your memory.

Yesterday I checked your domain cloverscorner.com at dnsstuff.com. It still resolves to the orginal servers and your whois record at dnstuff.com still shows your NS record as our server. It never did resolve to our server. On this point I can also confirm that you NEVER opened a tech support ticket on any tech related issues. I will try to get our tech support manager to confirm this here sometime today.

As I pointed out to you, leaving a long essay for the admin dept. on a tech support issue is not the most expedient way to get an issue resolved but you still chose this route several times.

Mickj is correct papajon@pdqnetworks.com (autoresponder) is our response to your Ebay feedback. BTW I think I told you we had 300 repeat Ebay customers , that is correct but they didn’t all repeat buy on Ebay (it’s only about 265 on Ebay)

I would like to thank you all for giving us a try in the first place and wish you luck in your future endeavours.
    Still very amusing... FYI, you activated my account because the billing error was your fault, I DID pay and you never suspended my account. I had running websites on your server until the moment I deleted them and cancelled my paypal subscription.

http://badhosting.net/pics/proofPayment.gif <-- Paypal screen shot, proof of payment!
    http://badhosting.net/billing.htm <-- Scroll to bottom to see transaction details for BOTH payments!

MickJ is affiliated with you as moments after PDQ Networks (PDQWebHost ebay ID) posted retalitory negative feedback I had an email from him to an email address you PDQ Networks only had discussing the auto responder and even making irrelevant threats.

Also DNSStuff.com has not shown your servers in any records since I cancelled my subscription as I point the Name Servers BACK to my old hosting before I ever cancelled my services with you. Just one more lie you tell.

Finally this point you keep making up about never opening a tech ticket. Perhaps you dont recall that when I opened the tech ticket they were unable to do their job so they had to forward it to the administrator:
    Tech Support October 23rd, 2006 10:57 PM
    HelloJon,

I am forwarding your issue to our admin and he will get back to you regarding this. Please be patient for the time being.

Thanks,
    Support Team,
    pdqnetworks.net
    So again this is just another lie to try to cover your butts. I am not looking for anything here except maybe for you all to admit that you were too big headed to listen to a customer that might have had a clue about how to fix the problem. It would be great for you to just admit that you 'messed up and sometimes mistakes happen, sorry'; but I don't think I will ever get that. You are coming a step closer by admitting LPanel had a bug that caused the billing to not go right.

Anyway, readers can make their own judgement. I have posted enough proof to counter anything they claim. I have received the auto responder and they are the ones manipulating the truth.

If the problem would have just been fixed without trying to shift fault, none of this ever would have happened. I personally would say use someone else. Their service sucks! Go to badhosting.net and make your decision. I have proof they have lies. If you have any questions for me, ask. I will be honest, which is more than I can say for them.

Sorry, with respect to all providers that sell plans on ebay, but paying 1 or 2 dollars for year (I think this is some of the deals I saw) this is the type of service I would expect.
    I am so sorry to hear your experience... I hope you had a good back up and do a better research next time (or really research period)
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAN, or even across the internet - Many customer call it RSync for Windows

better research would be it. I looked at feedback and asked a few questions before purchasing just to see if I would get a response. It seemed promising, but I think as you say you get what you pay for. just for the record this was around $70 for a year of hosting. I just need to accept that I need to fork out a little more and get better quality.

Lesson learned, my goal here is just to warn people of the potential headache they face when dealing with PDQ Networks, PDQ Worldwide Inc, PDQ Webhost, mickj, brcanuck or whatever they want to call themselves.

Ohh yeah and I was able to download backups and restore them on my old host before cancelling so they would not be able to delete it without me getting a chance to move it. I don't know that they would have, but I don't know that they wouldn't have.

Well, sounds like a hectic time here. I've never understood eBay purchasing but it looks like people aren't getting all that worth of it.
    Personal Website: Here | Currently Hosted By: HostGator | Twitter: @Quartz87

pdq not very helpfull

I have had a host of support issues..

But thing get fixed most of the time..

What really drives me about pdq is they blame me for the trouble every time, and I can tell there just assuming its me, not even looking into it, they just read my tickets and fire off a responce belittling me.

Im still with them.. I do like the service most of the time..

But right now i have a few domains expiring with them "pdqdotcoms" and I payed to renew via paypal. the money came out of my account but did not update my system..

I have emailed sales 3 times now..
    first email they said I wasn't verified with paypal.. not true. I have had my paypal account for 7 years and its been verified for 5. then they say I didn't wait for the webpae to open back to pdq so it didnt update.. not true, I waited to make sure it would work.. I've had this trouble before with them, last time I called them and they fixed it but there phone # hasn't work in a year.

so rather then fixing it they just play the blame game... I care not whos fault it was, i just want it fixed.

I post this not to be a pain.. I do like the service just from time to time its frustrating.

This is the responce from PDQ I got after posting this.
    -----------------
    Nice post, jerk ! Try reading this then confirm who you are complaining about: (b.t.w. pleaseforgive for not answering immediately but I have terminal prostate cancer)Have a nice life.
    -----------------
    Followed be a live support conversation he had with a client trying to prove the transaction error was my fault.

The he refunded 7$ of the 10$ of mine he had for the domain renew request that failed.
    -----------------
    He demanded that I explain why I posted this.

I then asked again for help and he emailed this
    -----------------
    if your ISP is down do you contact the tech support or the sales dept ?
    -----------------
    To which I replied.
    -----------------
    If my sales transaction does not go right I contact sales...

Please just tell me who I need to talk to to get this resolved..

Is there a phone# or live chat? or email?? something?
    -----------------

Now I'm am being ignored.

what do you guys think I should do?

I'm at a lose....