Hybrid View

adult oriented forum host?

I am creating a website for a client: he wants an adult oriented sex forum, with:

1 no images, (well, unless the images are hotlinked from image hosting sites)

2 main focus will be discussion of sexual issues, sharing advise, and support, etc.

3 for 40 members approx

with the features mentioned above how much resources do you think it will use? --specially bandwidth and cpu-- , (am sure disk space wont be an issue)

WHICH WEBHOST DO YOU THINK WOULD WANT TO HOST IT?

because he is just starting he wants a small plan, but he is willing to upgrade as when he get more members.

Look over the offer sections and contact hosts
    Data Republic - UK Managed Servers - Server Management - Managed Backup/R1Soft
    Follow us on Twitter to get exclusive sales & updates.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

Hi,

From your post it seems like any budget hosting companies will not have any issues supporting ya. Most hosts with Fantastico -cpanel also autoinstalls many of these forums for ya such as PHPBB, SMF Forums.

Do some research and look around WHT for hosting offers. Be sure to look for reviews and send over some sales questions before signing up.

Cheers
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Just make sure to email sales/support or check out if the TOS allows adult content. Many don't, some do -- good luck!

Many allow it as long as it's legal and whatnot.

For adult hosting, just don't go with a host overselling, is suicide.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

did you see his stats? he doesnt need that much at all even if they do oversell...

It doesn't matter if he's going to use it or not, to go with a host overselling on adult hosting, is looking for troubles.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

jedito ... overselling is not a bad thing per say, don't just say something without giving some "facts" ... almost all things commercial are overselling, the air companies do it, the food chains do it, and most hosting companies do it ... its just the way that they do it that's important, yes healty the best thing to do is do some search, try to talk to the host beforehand, and of course their tos has to mention that they do accept adult content.

Ok, I think that you don't understand me, I'm not talking about overselling in general. I'm just talking about overselling in adult hosting.

You may want to ask around in the "Webhosting Offers" section of WHT and make sure that the TOS of that host really allow adult hosting. Although you implied that there maybe no adult pictures, that site will still qualify as adult material hosting.

I am sure you can find one good host here at WHT. Good luck!

Don't Lose Your Website Ever Again!
    Backup All Your Domains and MySQL Databases Automatically
    Grab this Website Backup Software today.