Modernbill -> moving from DomainA.com to DomainB.com Problems..

Has anyone else experience this?? Moving your Modernbill License from one domain to the other domain.. I have owned a copy of ModernBill for over 3 years now and I have only switched Domain names 3-4 times over the past few years.. Each time, It seems like its a paind in the butt to do this..

I get questioned about everything, which IMO is acceptable.. But they should just do it and stop making the user wait for it.. I paid for the support (AND yes, its still current/active) and I feel as if Im not getting the support that I Paid for..

Anyhow, Should I just move on to bigger and better things? UberSmith seems like a better script for the type of business Im in.. Anyone else have any good experiences with UberSmith (in the dedicated server / vps market)?

Thanks,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by platinumn23
    Has anyone else experience this?? Moving your Modernbill License from one domain to the other domain.. I have owned a copy of ModernBill for over 3 years now and I have only switched Domain names 3-4 times over the past few years.. Each time, It seems like its a paind in the butt to do this..

I get questioned about everything, which IMO is acceptable.. But they should just do it and stop making the user wait for it.. I paid for the support (AND yes, its still current/active) and I feel as if Im not getting the support that I Paid for..

Anyhow, Should I just move on to bigger and better things? UberSmith seems like a better script for the type of business Im in.. Anyone else have any good experiences with UberSmith (in the dedicated server / vps market)?

Thanks,
    Robert
    I currently use ubersmith to sell dedicated servers. However, after today's thread on no PHP5 support in their forums (http://forums.ubersmith.com/showthread.php?t=531), I'm jumping ship ASAP - likely when ModernBill 5.1 comes out and I've had some time to kick the tyres with it. I think MB, and possibly Clientexec with their new addons, are really the only alternatives at the moment without spending a fortune.

If you don't need the billing system to run under PHP5, and are happy with the attitude they've shown when talking about it, then ubersmith
    does do a great job as it's very flexible and configurable. Sure, it has a few flaws like everything but they aren't that hard to workaround.

If you manage to find another product that's good for selling dedicated servers, do let me know as I'd be very interested to hear about it
    Alasdair
    Long time ex-host, ex-billing software owner/developer/support staff. Recent lurker.