where can I find a $30-$50 a month webhost?

I been looking online and I don't want to put down the money for a >$70 dedicated hosting.

I'm also looking for more than a <$20 shared hosting.

Are there any plans online that are around $30-$50ish? It seems that there is always a big jump in prices between the types of webhosting.

2. What are your requirements as far as disk space, bandwidth,etc?

CartikaHosting my friend

CartikaHosting.com
    If you want high class host, you much check them out.
    I believe they are one of the best.
    We host all of our client web sites with Cartika.

Quote Originally Posted by soccer1213
    I been looking online and I don't want to put down the money for a >$70 dedicated hosting.

I'm also looking for more than a <$20 shared hosting.

Are there any plans online that are around $30-$50ish? It seems that there is always a big jump in prices between the types of webhosting.
    Depends what you want.

Shared hosting can go as high as $100 in some cases.

Looks like you have a nice budget, prices don't tell the story of the web host, do research before hand.
    Recommended: Stablehost, Hivelocity, Fused

The reason is that I can't predict the level of bandwidth I might get. I don't want to get stuck into a contract with a cheap webhost nor do I want to overspend on bandwidth so $30-$50 looks good.

How much space then?

go with shared hosting that is upgradable, where you can add only bandwidth, dont pay fore more than you need.

So in that case, suggestions for shared hosting in that price range with good bandwith and disk, and a simple way to upgrade if needed?

Oh, windows, ASP mysql and a control panel too.

Because I'm *damned* if I can find one that fits THAT bill.

It's not that hard, find the right one, if the plans don't suit you, ask for a custom one.
    Have you looked at Digitally Justified?

Not that hard? I've got up to $100 a month burning a hole in my pocket. I just tried mosso - total abortion. Refund under way. Somebody sell me something!!!!

Your digitallyjustified host looks good except on their shared hosting they only go up to 50 gigs bw a month even at the top end.

Any more?

You could try infrenion.com, they are cheap but still have good support...

[QUOTE=JohnnyAngel]Your digitallyjustified host looks good except on their shared hosting they only go up to 50 gigs bw a month even at the top end. /QUOTE]

Those are our standard plans. As Swizi so kindly mentioned, we also offer custom plans. I'm sure other hosts do too. If something doesn't strike your fancy, email them with your requirements. I know of very few hosts that would say "Sorry, we only offer what is on our website".
    SuperWebHost.com, a Digitally Justified Company
    Celebrating our 9th year in Business

Proudly Hosting with CANADIAN bandwidth
    Managed Hosting, Multi-Domain Hosting, Colocation, Merchant Accounts

Quote Originally Posted by VanHost
    I know of very few hosts that would say "Sorry, we only offer what is on our website".
    I must say, of all the hosts I have contacted in the last few years, the majority will say "We cannot offer custom plans." or something similar, but It also seems that the better hosts are the ones that say "Yes, of course we can offer a custom plan, what did you have in mind?".

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyAngel
    Not that hard? I've got up to $100 a month burning a hole in my pocket. I just tried mosso - total abortion. Refund under way. Somebody sell me something!!!!

Your digitallyjustified host looks good except on their shared hosting they only go up to 50 gigs bw a month even at the top end.

Any more?
    No, there's no other ones that I can suggest without going against the rules.

Personally I have no idea how you spent over $100 a month without knowing.
    And funnily enough Mosso's plan is $100 a month, and for 80GB of space and 2TB of bandwidth, it's well worth it.

Anyway, DJ is fine, contact them, ask for a custom plan, prices are in CAD.

Quote Originally Posted by soccer1213
    I was just robbing the memory bank for oft mentioned established hosts and came across this one from pair.com.

http://www.pair.com/services/web_hosting/webmaster.html

A couple of others I remembered didn't quite meet up to your specs.