Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What worries me about giving away 1-6 month free is you'll attract all sorts of scammers and fraud sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Socrat
    What worries me about giving away 1-6 month free is you'll attract all sorts of scammers and fraud sites.
    Just require 1 cent with those promotions or something low a month so you get their credit card and can use that to verity they are not kids, they are real, and that they are serious. Works just as well.
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company

Actually to find part one on this forum at the bottom change "show posts from beginning" will bring up loadsa wonderful tuts :p

Wow , Good -> Next up part 3

i dont know about fool proof, but i've read part 1 and 2 and so far they are pretty informative. thanks.

thank you for this great article!

I don't see that this is a great article for running a hosting company. Livechat, 24x7 support, sales & marketing is all essentials for any new company.
    AssistanZ - Beyond Boundaries...
    Cloudstack Consultancy / 24x7 Web Hosting Support / 24x7 Server Management / Infrastructure Management Services
    Web & Mobile Apps Development / Web Designing Services / Php, Grails, Java Development

Part 1 is here www[dot]webhostingtalk[dot]com/showthread[dot]php?t=546420

I've read Part 1 and Part 2, what about the next tutorial?

Quote Originally Posted by CX.Eric View Post
    Get at least 4 sales reps
    That's not really an option for a lot of starter hosting companies, most of them are started with 1 person doing everything and they cannot afford to hire 4 staff right away.

Sell hosting at variable prices, dont keep a steady rate at that moment jsut try to charge the most to the high paying and least to unsure.
    I disagree with this line of thinking. Yes it might bag you a few customers, but once the people who are paying more for it find out you are offering the exact same service cheaper to other clients, they will not be happy.

Try to give out free hosting for 1-6 months after that period tell them that there site has ran out and they should upgrade their account to a paid one.
    OK...I'm really hoping I'm reading this one the wrong way. You're saying to give people free hosting for a while, and then once they are settled and happy with your service you want to start billing them?

Are you talking about running a promotion on your website that says "Get 90 Days Free", or are you talking about "Free Hosting!" and then changing your terms on them once they are established on your servers?

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Little View Post
    That's not really an option for a lot of starter hosting companies, most of them are started with 1 person doing everything and they cannot afford to hire 4 staff right away.

I disagree with this line of thinking. Yes it might bag you a few customers, but once the people who are paying more for it find out you are offering the exact same service cheaper to other clients, they will not be happy.

OK...I'm really hoping I'm reading this one the wrong way. You're saying to give people free hosting for a while, and then once they are settled and happy with your service you want to start billing them?

Are you talking about running a promotion on your website that says "Get 90 Days Free", or are you talking about "Free Hosting!" and then changing your terms on them once they are established on your servers?
    The way to do is this is to offer the 1st month free using a coupon code you set up in whmcs. During the order process they enter the payment information as normal, but they are not charged for the 1st 30 days. After the initial 30 day period, the billing will start unless they cancel.

That's kinda what I figure, but the way he worded it sounds like he's suggesting to just give free hosting and then perform a bait-and-switch on them:

Try to give out free hosting for 1-6 months after that period tell them that there site has ran out and they should upgrade their account to a paid one.
    The underlined part is what I'm questioning. From the way he worded it, it sounds like he's suggesting to start as a free hosting company, and then 6 months down the road tell everybody that signed up to pay without warning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12