Here we go my 2nd tutorial here.
Selling hosting is really really hard if you are new in the business, people automatically assume that you are bogus and have no idea what you are doing, well then you have to prove them wrong.
First step is to make a trust relation with your customers on your main site, make a Team Blog and use only a professional accent while writing it, update it with daily activities include at least 3-4 tweaks or upgrades or server additions.
Now im not try to tell you to lie but you have to ensure your customer's security in SOME way other wise you are just trying to make a quick buck.
Here is the BEST way to start a webhost:
- Get at least 4 sales reps
- Spread them on Forums such as TEEN FORUMS
- Sell hosting at variable prices, dont keep a steady rate at that moment jsut try to charge the most to the high paying and least to unsure.
- These specials will stick with you forever.
- Try to give out free hosting for 1-6 months after that period tell them that there site has ran out and they should upgrade their account to a paid one.
Now that should get you rolling the right way!
As for your main site always have a LIVE CHAT option because people do not like to email or submit support tickets i know that for a fact.
Support is always a major PLUS on a webhost more support techs = more business.
IF you wish to go solo thats fine too but you should have alot of free time for it.
And here is something you should stick to NEVER FORGET THE NEXT POINT!!
Ok money is always a problem so NEVER depend on your customers to pay for your servers, hope to b reak even and keep a backup plan and here is what YOU should do as a webhost.
To ensure your monthly payments you shoud develop and sell sites as well as domains its the only way you can have a backup plan incase your customers deicde to quite.
It is indeed a full proof plan.
Hope that helped someone
Comments are appreciated