Question Freelance PHP & MYSQL Expert Needed ASAP

Hi. I have a site that is growing at a tremendous rate. It's a myspace clone that was just moved to a dedicated server after being told all our problems would be answered by doing so. Well, they are not.

On the shared account the site was moving fast, but now it's moving at a snail's pace and at times unusable. Also, no one can upload photos when the script hasn't changed since we moved. It's confusing and our hosting support has stalled and has almost become comical. I highly recommend staying clear of Ipowerweb. It's been a total nightmare.

I need someone who is an expert in PHP (we're running ver. 4) and MYSQL. The site is a large database that grows by 150 new users a day so you can imagine how frustrating this is. I need someone who can go into the code and help me make it run more efficiently so that the site moves faster and my people are happy again.

I'd prefer someone located in the US (I'm in L.A.) as we can be near the same time zone to discuss issues that arise. Please email me and I'll send you the site's name. I really don't want the site's name to live forever in this forum so I hope you understand the secret 007 way.

Thanks -

Quote Originally Posted by B007P
    Hi. I have a site that is growing at a tremendous rate. It's a myspace clone that was just moved to a dedicated server after being told all our problems would be answered by doing so. Well, they are not.

On the shared account the site was moving fast, but now it's moving at a snail's pace and at times unusable. Also, no one can upload photos when the script hasn't changed since we moved. It's confusing and our hosting support has stalled and has almost become comical. I highly recommend staying clear of Ipowerweb. It's been a total nightmare.

I need someone who is an expert in PHP (we're running ver. 4) and MYSQL. The site is a large database that grows by 150 new users a day so you can imagine how frustrating this is. I need someone who can go into the code and help me make it run more efficiently so that the site moves faster and my people are happy again.

I'd prefer someone located in the US (I'm in L.A.) as we can be near the same time zone to discuss issues that arise. Please email me and I'll send you the site's name. I really don't want the site's name to live forever in this forum so I hope you understand the secret 007 way.

Thanks -
    If you are requesting one-on-one help, which you are, this is the wrong forum category.

Once moved (the mods will eventually do it or you can request it), I am sure you will receive ample offers for help.

HI Mark...thanks for your post. Which category do you recommend.

"Breadcrumb": WebHostingTalk Forums : Advertising Forums : Related Offers and Requests : Other Offers and Requests
    Link: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

It seems your problem may be some code is not compatible with the server you have moved to, and apache/mysql/etc. may be able to be optimized, etc.

Best of luck acquiring assistance!

Moved to the Employment Offers and Requests forum.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SoftWareRevue
    Moved to the Employment Offers and Requests forum.
    Danke, SoftWareRevue.

@B007P, If you would like to PM me one of the PHP errors you are experiencing, I may be able to give you some free insight. If not, we can discuss a paid solution.

Just a note about the PM request . . .

He can't PM you.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/rules.php

You must make five (5) posts before utilizing the PM and system e-mail features. If you choose to make meaningless posts to circumvent this restriction, your account will be disabled.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Please, provide a contact address.

HI Mark - thanks so much!

Very true. Well, when he can.. I hope he will

E-mail sent!

Also my advice - try first to contact good system administrator to configure server software the best way, and then only change php code. Also decision could be in optimizing database tables. Good luck
    HostNodeList Web Host Directory, DEV.INTOEX.COM - products for online business

Experienced web-developer | PHP | Smarty | Zend | Databases | Graphic design - looking for long-time relationship