I really need some sage advice on promotion

Friends,

I have a very unique product that I am getting ready to sell. Let me just be blunt... it is very odd ball. They are Christmas Vacation Style Eggnog mugs.

I have had rather poor results so far using goodle adwords. I am pretty sure I have good targeted phrases and words. I can appreciate that it is only September and they are more of a Christmas time item.

My problem is that I have no idea how to gauge the true demand and am very worried that I will not have enough if I get a big demand in December.

My question is this, is it better to buy targeted ads on a site live x-entertainment which is very niche oriented or continue pushing the google scatter approach. The niche sites are sorta expensive and seem to have a longer lead time.

Anyone care to share their similar experiences and how you ran an effective on line marketing campaign?

I won't put the URL in this post due to respect for others who participate here.

Thank you very much for your time!

Hi John:

Welcome to WHT.

By all accounts, it appears you are targetting a very niche market, which is great. (I love niche markets )

What keywords are you using in your Adwords campaign? Are you trying out phrases like "personalized mug" or "christmas mug"? If so, are you getting clicks and no conversion or just no clicks?

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by vito
    Hi John:

Welcome to WHT.

By all accounts, it appears you are targetting a very niche market, which is great. (I love niche markets )

What keywords are you using in your Adwords campaign? Are you trying out phrases like "personalized mug" or "christmas mug"? If so, are you getting clicks and no conversion or just no clicks?

Vito
    The highest impression ones are so far:
    holiday,holidays,Christmas, Eggnog, "Randy Quaid"... go figure
    total impressions ao far 1415... ONLY 4 clicks!! Doh.

When looking at your site, I'm a bit confused. Every product I click on shows "Out of stock".

Vito
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by vito
    When looking at your site, I'm a bit confused. Every product I click on shows "Out of stock".

Vito
    Heh,

That is a true statement. They are not going to be available until October.... in the manufacturing process.

I am going to be redoing the look when I get the prototypes in 2 weeks.

Anyway. Thanks for taking the time to look around!

Ok, good luck with the site.

FYI, you should really look at a major rethinking on your site design and content. For a retail site, you are not poised to convert much traffic. You have way too many ads directing visitors offsite, and you are missing some very critical parts that should exist on any retail site.

Vito