Thumbs up For Hire: Internet Guru - Netscreen, Linux, Mac, Windows, PHP, Plesk...

Greetings. I am a 32 year old Internet Guru, recently severed ties with a major teleco as a Network Security Engineer due to shift-cuts. In addition to my full-time gigs, I am also a entrapenuer computer guru and have been doing web hosting since 1997 using a variety of platforms but settled on Plesk awhile back. Just recently sold my web hosting customers in a effort to focus sites that I run and various programming (PHP/MySQL) projects for 3rd parties. This decision was made prior to my knowledge of upcoming cuts at my previous employer. Now, I have ample time on my hands and looking to see if I can make a go at it on my own (and support my family) or if I need to start surfing to Monster.com.

I am a jack of all trades when it comes to computers. I use Mac, Linux and Windows systems and have them all at home. I manage Redhat and Fedora boxes, Plesk installations, and of course support applications like vBulletin, Word Press, etc. I love technical support and helping people with problems - but at the same time can do high end things like managing Netscreen firewalls (Netscreen Certified), Checkpoint, Cisco routers and switches, and server issues like Qmail, Sendmail, DNS/Bind, MySQL, etc. I have been doing PHP programming for 6 years myself and have used PHP in my custom apps since 1997.

If you need someone that can work remotely and tackle everything from helping grandma get her email working, to high level design, implementation and support, I am your man.

Looking for big or small projects, short-term or long-term gigs and shift work is acceptable. Can be full-time, part-time, or even as time allows. I realize that pay differs widely based on job duties, location and functions and open to discussion in that area.

If I didn't mention it above, it doesn't mean I don't know how or can't learn. Just ask.

Scott

You got aim? I woud like to pick your brain about netscreen firewalls. At charge of course.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

I updated my profile, hopefully you can see it. (I can't)