Which company provides 3000 GB of Premium Bandwidth?

Ive noticed that most dedicated hosting companies provide a standard 1500-2000 of BW with their servers and any overages you pay for. If you want to upgrade the bandwidth, you have to move to a unmetered solution.

Are there any dedicated hosting providers that provide PREMIUM (non-cogent,etc)quality bandwidth of around 3000 GB of bandwidth/month with their packages and still remain competive in terms of pricing??

Please list any that you know of without listing unmetered bandwidth providers that cap the ports at 10mbps. Im looking for a 100mbps port but only use about 3000 GB a month.

Thanks in advance.

Is SoftLayer in your budget? An extra 1000GBs is just $100 a month.

Remember that most people who are on a 2000GB plan don't come even close to using that amount a month, but if you pay for extra, it is much more likely you will be using at least 2000GBs. Premium bandwidth isn't cheap for the provider either.
    Kevin, The Walrus

I have the same box with this bandwidth at interserver dot net,you can contact:john at interserver dot net

Are there any dedicated hosting providers that provide PREMIUM (non-cogent,etc)quality bandwidth of around 3000 GB of bandwidth/month with their packages and still remain competive in terms of pricing??
    I believe your definition of "competitive pricing" will determine the response here.

many companies will sell 1000-2000 GB of premium bandwidth knowing full well people will not use it. There is no way to turn a profit on a customer actually using 2000 GB+ of premium bandwidth for some of the prices advertised out there - which is why they push you to 10 mbps and 100 mbps unmetered situations - as the margins are ALOT higher.

I think if you were to have reasonable expectations of bandwidth costs, you could surely pick up a 100 mbps pipe with an allocation of 10+ mbps dedicated towards your utilization - what sort of pricing / mbps of utilization did you have in mind?
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Well I was thinking $200-250 range for a Dual Opt or Xeon with 2 gig ram and a small SCSI drive. (those are my requirements) on a premium network.

Is that possible?

Well I was thinking $200-250 range for a Dual Opt or Xeon with 2 gig ram and a small SCSI drive. (those are my requirements) on a premium network.
    I am not sure you will find that with an actual 3000 GB of utilization - the cost of that much premium bandwidth alone would exceed your budget.

Maybe there are some really large providers - or maybe even data centers - that get premium bandwith cheap enough to work in some margins there, but, I am not so sure that sort of deal exists.
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Quote Originally Posted by Webfanatic

Is that possible?
    It's certainly possible. I got a box from LT in the lower end of your price range 100mbs and 3300gb, dual Xeon. It does have 2xsata and not a SCSI drive but it was a VERY special deal (Thanks Santa!)

I'm guessing you will have to do a lot of shopping around, and look for the right special to come around (LT changes Specials at least Monthly, and sometimes weekly).

The un-sales price from LT is ~$300mo (no Control panel), so finding a sale (or emailing sales directly) should be possible if you aren't in a hurry.

-Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Webfanatic

Is that possible?
    I think this is possible for reseller's price,end user's price should be $300~350.

Might want to check krypt.com.

http://krypt.com/dedicated/xeon.php

Looks like 3500gb bandwidth on 100mbit port with 2 36gb drives.

There are quite a few dedicated providers who will do so. You will obviously have to pay a slight premium, but theplanet along with anyone whom you specifically request should be able to accomodate this. Do you have a specific bandwidth provider or location of preference?