Thread: down 2 days

down 2 days

Just wondered what your thoughts are about a host that's been pretty good for 3 years...but retarded at times...that's now been down for 2 days without communication? All of my 14 sites...down and losing SERP ranking.

Do they blow?
    With more success comes more expense!

You should move if it's hurting your business.

If you've been down for two days without hearing from them and your sites are falling in the serps, it's probably a good time to find another host.
    PrimeHost Inc. - Canadian Web Hosting PrimeHost.ca - Canada's Prime Web Host
    █ Reliable Web Hosting for Business and Personal Websites on Canadian Servers

have you contacted them? Have they given any reasoning as to why they've been down?
    HostGator.com - A worldwide leader in Shared, Reseller, VPS and Dedicated Server Hosting.

I had to contact them
    No explaination
    Just an apology...now checking files on the server

This happened a few months ago where a server went bad. They were to move my sites to another and did so. Unfortunately, they moved old sites they had evidently copied 2 years ago. I found myself getting orders for items long out of stock. Not only did I have to contact the buyers and tell them but then I had to go back in all sites and re adjust everything which took weeks.

Get a better backup solution, and possibly another host.

told me to be patient in their only email

I have tons of video clips on those sites...and dialup

when the bill comes, i'll just tell them to be patient

just noticed there's now a website down forum...move if you wish

Lesson learned. Next time you get a host, make sure you've done your research if their servers and support are fast and reliable enough. Also make sure you have a backup plan meaning, you have another host to store your backups or perform a backup frequently and store it to your computer something. Plan it very well to avoid these disasters! Good luck matey!

Zac Louie
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

Definitely check out other hosting providers. Two days is way too extreme, there is just no excuse for that.
    Plutomic Hosting
    Empowering Your Web Ventures
    In Business Since 2005
    Specializing in Web Hosting, VPS, Managed Dedicated Servers and Managed Colocation

I have all sites backed up so the only lesson I've learned is that they blow...just like Netscape Connect which blocked port 25 and just now 26 and won't let anyone send from their servers.

bah...I'll wait...at least I'm still laffin at Dog the Bounty Hunter being picked up himself at 6 in the mornin...

Hmm, it doesn't take 2 days to move hosting accounts over to another server.

Dunno...but they're back up again. First time this has happened in 3 years so I guess I'm lucky.
    Thx for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by zoobie
    Dunno...but they're back up again. First time this has happened in 3 years so I guess I'm lucky.
    Thx for the input.
    Not bad if it's the first time in 3 years. Though, I'd keep a few other hosts in mind just in case things start acting up again.

Good luck!
    HostGator.com - A worldwide leader in Shared, Reseller, VPS and Dedicated Server Hosting.