Unable to secure/password protect folders....

I might be missing something here, but my option to password protect a folder in windows...

I've got an IDE drive in a USB enclosure, (Drive G) and I'm trying to password protect a folder. Unfortunately the option to do so is grayed out. This drive is NTFS partitioned and not networked/shared. Here's the screenshot (attached). Can someone help?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails drive_security_screenshot.JPG  

Because the folder isn't inside your documents and settings folder, you're not allowed to make it private because it doesn't technically belong to your username, it belongs to the OS....
    That's just like making a new folder on the C drive and trying to protect it...you just can't (using the OS to do so)

Your best bet is to use a third party app to password protect it....
    Kevin
    Last edited by ThatScriptGuy; 09-14-2006 at 09:33 PM.

Also, this is possible using windows if you go about it a different way - BUT if you ever disconnect the drive, it will probably cause problems...

I have a second drive too, used for storage. I mapped the 'My Documents' to go to the second drive instead of the normal documents and settings/user/user's documents and I can password protect anything on that drive I want....Other users' documents are still stored on the C drive...

That's the only way that I can think of for you to be able to do that..

I'll probably wind up picking out some third party software to do it. Thanks for the info. I appreciate it!