Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Starbucks... are you kidding me?

I've never been to Starbucks before but just popped into one today on the spare of the moment type thing because this was a new Starbuck's that just opened here and they have a drive through.

Gosh... are you kidding me, I don't get why they are so popular. I was expecting their menu to have a bunch of nifty unique coffee desserts and coffee smoothies... but all they had was a menu of plain old boring coffees, not impressive!

I ordered a coffee frappuccino which they should have named crappuccino instead because that's what it tasted like and wasn't worth the 4 bucks I payed.

I love coffee smoothies with tons of milk/cream, sugar and whipped cream... I was expecting their menu to contain a larger variety. I'll never go there again, what a rip off. Can't believe they are so popular with such a boring plain old coffee menu.

Rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty
    I've never been to Starbucks before but just popped into one today on the spare of the moment type thing because this was a new Starbuck's that just opened here and they have a drive through.

Gosh... are you kidding me, I don't get why they are so popular. I was expecting their menu to have a bunch of nifty unique coffee desserts and coffee smoothies... but all they had was a menu of plain old boring coffees, not impressive!

I ordered a coffee frappuccino which they should have named crappuccino instead because that's what it tasted like and wasn't worth the 4 bucks I payed.

I love coffee smoothies with tons of milk/cream, sugar and whipped cream... I was expecting their menu to contain a larger variety. I'll never go there again, what a rip off. Can't believe they are so popular with such a boring plain old coffee menu.

Rant over.
    I have a specific drink I order if I have to go to Starbucks. (double tall, no whip Mocha).

I hear ya though. I have a funny stabucks video around here somewhere. I can send you the link... it has a couple cusswords in it, so no children around. But right up your alley in feelings. Let me know if you want me to find it.
    Don't you walk thru my words
    You got to show some respect
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

Make your own...

...tastes better, costs (much) less.

Milsites,
    Sure, go ahead a post it if you can find it

Roscolo,
    That's my feeling, what I make at home tastes better. I don't know... I had never been to a Starbucks before and popped in out of curiousity to see what the fuss is all about. I guess I was rather dissappointed and shocked to see they just had a simple boring plain old TINY menu of coffee.

I was expecting all these unique coffee desserts or at least some decent coffee smoothies! But they had no such things. Just a pathetic TINY menu of different flavored coffee... I was sitting in the drive through staring at the menu and was like "This is all they have, are you kidding me?".

I guess I'm just amazed as to how they can be so popular.

I had my dog with me in the car, even she rolled her eyes =)

Milsites,
    Sure, go ahead a post it if you can find it
    Juliet,
    Here ya go. NOTE: Language warning. Do not open link around kids, sensative types, etc....

**Language warning
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=_o-3qDZ3UJ0
    **Language warning

LOL... he summed up my feelings about Starbuck's quite accurately

The Big Man... that was cool... I like star bucks every three or four months or so... I think I like the mocco, mocho whatever the heck it is... I know where it is at on the menu. lol... Other than that I don't even drink coffee....
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

ok you all have no idea what you are talking about lol

I go to starbucks almost every day. Their coffee tastes amazing.
    The flavored drinks are good.. but im not a big fan.

My girlfriend and I actually hold the record for most espressos in our starbucks... 12!

beat that lol

I like Starbucks. Not only is the product good, they have awesome customer service. Not many places do.
    Last edited by @Jesse; 09-14-2006 at 07:47 PM.

ilyash

Noway, then I'd end up like that guy on SNL... or was it Mad TV? You know the one overdosed on coffee with the bug eyes

Quote Originally Posted by ilyash
    ok you all have no idea what you are talking about lol
    You must be correct.

Oh yeah, forgot to add this: lol

I get one thing at starbucks.
    Two actually.

Venti Black Tea (sweetened)
    and crumb cake!
    simplywww: directadmin and cpanel hosting that will rock your socks
    Need some work done in a datacenter in the NYC area? NYC Remote Hands can do it.

Follow my "deals" Twitter for hardware specials.. @dougysdeals

I saw no crumb cake on the menu... guess they don't bother to put it on the drive through menu. All I wanted was a tastey cappuccino smoothie with extra whipped cream... can't believe that a COFFEE place didn't have that.

I thought that's what their crappuccino... errrr... excuse me... frappuccino was going to be but it wasn't.

ilyash

Noway, then I'd end up like that guy on SNL... or was it Mad TV? You know the one overdosed on coffee with the bug eyes
    Mad TV, that character was "coffee guy"...and he was *really* funny. The same actor that did all those hilarious "Spishak" commercials...

I despise Starbucks. Went in only once, and they insisted on washing my favorite travel mug before they'd stick some coffee in it. The coffeee was so bad I poured it out and went to a nearby deli and got a plain cup.

They're popular because they worked their way up from nothing and they tend to help a lot of young businesses and artists out .. as long as they're not competitiors. It also helps that their customer service is superior enough that they will do pretty much ANYTHING to a cup of coffee that you ask them to.

I'm not a huge fan of anything but their cold frapps. MMM
    Michael Chase
    Clear-Data Internet Services - Inexpensive website, reseller, and game server hosting.

Rant over.
    I think people go to it, BECAUSE people go to it. Ehh it just caught on. Also, their barnes and nobles partnership was ingenious. It boosted both the companies dramatically.

I frankly think their prices are high, but they do have good customer service since they atleast hire americans.

It's just another staple of our "rush-to-nowhere" culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus255
    I think people go to it, BECAUSE people go to it. Ehh it just caught on. Also, their barnes and nobles partnership was ingenious. It boosted both the companies dramatically.
    That's a good point too, a lot of their business is just because it's THE thing to do.
    Michael Chase
    Clear-Data Internet Services - Inexpensive website, reseller, and game server hosting.

I have people all the time wanting to "meet up at Starbucks", but I've never had anyone say "I want some coffee from Starbucks".

I know a lot of people stop by every morning too, but think about this... Very few Starbucks (at least ones I've seen) have drive-thrus. Most are geared towards people going in, sitting down, using wifi, meeting people, or similar.

I personally think it's more about the social aspect of it than it is the coffee.
    VOIPO - VoIP Telephone Service

You guys need to come down here. They have more on their menu then Jack In The Box, McDonalds, Burger King, and Wendys combined. All Starbucks have drive-thrus here, and its a fun meeting spot. I always get the ice mocha with whip cream and a little cinnamon

I don't go to Starbucks often, but it is much better than Dunkin Donuts.
    ||||
    |||| Top 10 Web Hosts - www.TopHostScout.com
    ||||

The one near me has a tip jar at the drive-up window. They have to be kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy
    I personally think it's more about the social aspect of it than it is the coffee.
    I think thats' great, tho..it shouldnt be like that (more like about the coffee..but hey..its "just" cofee") so everything that goes around this is what seems to be making famous Starbucks, its kinda interesting tho

I actually prefer Dunkin Donuts. They have one here on Okinawa. There are a few Starbucks but Dunkin Donuts coffee tastes better. I always buy a Chocolate Chip muffin with my coffee too.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

I prefer Second Cup & Tim Hortons.

I think Starbucks really isnt all about the Coffee anymore, it's more of a good place for you to go to if you ya want to get away and do some reading or talk about business with a partner or purchaser. At least thats the case here in NYC/Manhattan most of the times. The high price though does get me but again you can get 99cents coffee anywhere here on the streets in NYC so it's more about having a place to sit down and relax I guess
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Starbucks isnt the best for coffee indeed, but dont you see those nice comfortable seats and stuff its more of a place to take your laptop out or chat around with your mates.
    Matt Scaglione - Freelance Web Designer

The big guy from Brooklyn is right on! Starbucks f-n sucks!!!! Lousy coffee, lousy lattes and way overpriced.
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com

Starbucks SUCKS! (but i drink it daily)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoobastank68
    I think Starbucks really isnt all about the Coffee anymore, it's more of a good place for you to go to if you ya want to get away and do some reading or talk about business with a partner or purchaser. At least thats the case here in NYC/Manhattan most of the times. The high price though does get me but again you can get 99cents coffee anywhere here on the streets in NYC so it's more about having a place to sit down and relax I guess
    That's true too, I've heard people talk about Starbucks as an "excellent networking tool" because of the amount (and kind) of people you meet there.
    Michael Chase

Tim Hortons > Starbucks / ALL

Our friends at http://www.illwillpress.com/vault.html have an intererting spin on Srarbucks ......Warning a little bad language.

You want to play the SMALL, MEDIUM, LARGE located in the lower right corner.

IT is all to funny

The first video post was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. Think I'll signup for a membership at his site.

I love Starbucks

My Home
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MyStarBucks.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Milsites
    Juliet,
    Here ya go. NOTE: Language warning. Do not open link around kids, sensative types, etc....

**Language warning
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=_o-3qDZ3UJ0
    **Language warning
    that is hilarious.

for a minute there i thought iwas watching goodfellas or the jerky boys!

i do not drink coffee, but it is evry popular around here. they have a chain called caribou coffee and they even sell stuffed animals!

http://cariboucoffee.com/shop/index.asp?c=16
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

I have to give Starbucks credit. They seem to have taken a simple idea and successfully marketed and expanded on it!
    What simple idea? It seems to be that if you burn the coffee beans you can call it "gourmet".

I like some of their icey coffee drinks and I don't even like coffee. Yes their sizing system is screwed but I just ask for a small.
    Web Handyman - Website and Internet Marketing Service

I remember a couple of years ago a local college replaced their cafeteria vender with Starbucks since they were a low bidder and many students moaned when they couldn't get their usual meals or sodas. Shortly after they got another food vender after it was discovered the college's board of diretors didn't have a clue what Starbucks is. Hell, don't they see the stores everywhere?
    73's, Kim
    Everything happens for a reason I make up.

haha they replaced a cafeteria vendor with starbucks? I am VERY used to starbucks being in a college campus/student center but NOT as a vendor. No wonder they were cheaper bidding all they have at most college shops is 1/2 their already tiny menu.

However no one can deny that coffee has gotten a lot bigger since they opened up shop. Granted I hate their cappuccino's, I always go for a mocca.
    Web Host Magazine & Buyers Guide
    Web Host Magazine & Buyer's Guide
    Fair & Objective Reviews, Ratings & Information
    since 1997

Just a fact - the original starbucks in Seattle has the mermaid's hair on the logo seperated a bit more and you get a clear shot of her perky attitude if you get my drift. Coffee does the body good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast