True 100mbit/s unmetered servers

Who offers true 100mbit/s unmetered servers?

I've done a search and come up with mostly European companies with prices "too good to be true". Ideally I'd like to get a server in the US.

Anyone have any guidance they could lend or suggestions on providers?

Thanks!
    Last edited by BChosting; 09-14-2006 at 03:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Check the offers page, many US based companies offer 100Mbps or 1000Mbps unmetered single or Multi-homed.
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36

Whats your budget?
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Quote Originally Posted by Steven
    Whats your budget?
    $700 to $1000 per month per server.

Quote Originally Posted by BChosting
    The lowest price a provider will be able to get 100mbps for is $8/mbps from cogent.

If you want a TRUE 100% dedicated 100mbps and hardware I would expect to pay just slightly over $1,000. Otherwise it will be potentially oversold/oversubscribed. They simply won't make money selling you the product at cost / for a loss if it really was "dedicated"

Quote Originally Posted by BChosting
    Oh, and we need 2 to 5 servers.

what is it primarily going to be used for?
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Quote Originally Posted by Steven
    what is it primarily going to be used for?
    Static file hosting.

Answers to a few questions I've been asked:

The project needs to be live and operational by Sept 25th. Servers would be ordered inside one week.

2.0GHz CPU should be fine, 40GB HDD should be fine. 2GB of memory minimum.

Expect 70% to 80% consumption of bandwidth per server.

I'm using ServerVina for 6+ months. Their network and server are stable with 100% uptime. They offer you true dedicated port. Highly recommend !

I would recommend looking for a DC that can provide you a dedicated private rack with the 2-5 hosts on it and a uplinked private switch with 1000mb/s or more uplink to their core on dedicated bandwidth. Then purchase the bandwidth at 95th percentile or other commit and your all set. You will get a better price this way since you are buying a large commit and its easier for the DC to setup and tear down when your done IMHO.

Purchasing 2-5 hosts each with 100mb/s un-metered is going to cost you quite a bit. Having a dedicated rack, switch, IP space and uplink lets you have the multiple hosts on it and all the bandwidth you would require on it with room to add more hosts if needed.

Thanks,

Jeremy

What you're looking for is called "dedicated" not "unmetered". Any host with Cogent in their blend can offer you this at your $1,000 price point. If you want other bandwidth expect to pay more.

Awknet - DDoS Mitigation, Upstream ACLs/Filtering, Unmanaged Dedicated Servers, BGP IP Transit & More!

Quote Originally Posted by web4fun
    I'm using ServerVina for 6+ months. Their network and server are stable with 100% uptime. They offer you true dedicated port. Highly recommend !
    Thank you for your kind words. We appreciated it !

To the OP:
    For that amount of BW/servers, I also recommend you to go with colo if you are able. $1,000/mo for 100Mbps is really possible with Cogent BW.
    Good luck with your project !
    Tommy Tran - tommy @ vinax.net ::: VINAX, LLC ::: http://vinax.net ::: Since 2004
    Premium Dedicated Servers and Colocation in downtown Chicago (350 E. Cermak Rd)
    Premium Bandwidth, 100% Network & Power Uptime SLA, 24/7 Prompt Tech Support

If you order closer to 5 servers you should be able to find something at even lower prices with Multi-Homed Network. If you only start with 1 server you should also start talking about getting to become a reseller for additional savings, most will start the discount when you get to 3 servers.

Yup, if you are really only looking at 400mbps total, go with 95th%. It'll save you $1000+/month, even if you do have to buy your own servers you will make up the cost in a month or two.
    SDCServers.com
    100mbps+ Bandwidth Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by LTADMIN
    I would recommend looking for a DC that can provide you a dedicated private rack with the 2-5 hosts on it and a uplinked private switch with 1000mb/s or more uplink to their core on dedicated bandwidth. Then purchase the bandwidth at 95th percentile or other commit and your all set. You will get a better price this way since you are buying a large commit and its easier for the DC to setup and tear down when your done IMHO.

Purchasing 2-5 hosts each with 100mb/s un-metered is going to cost you quite a bit. Having a dedicated rack, switch, IP space and uplink lets you have the multiple hosts on it and all the bandwidth you would require on it with room to add more hosts if needed.

Thanks,

Jeremy
    Why would he need a dedicated RACK for 5 servers? All he would need is a dedicated SWITCH.

Quote Originally Posted by MSV_AR
    Why would he need a dedicated RACK for 5 servers? All he would need is a dedicated SWITCH.

When I say rack I mean a rack that can be split many ways. 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 or full. Many DC's offer such setups which include a private switch and dedicated uplink.

In this case he would probally want to look for a 1/4 rack.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by jwr
    What you're looking for is called "dedicated" not "unmetered". Any host with Cogent in their blend can offer you this at your $1,000 price point. If you want other bandwidth expect to pay more.
    No, what I want is unmetered. If I wanted dedicated I'd buy a circuit from Level3 and colo some servers.

Cogent is fine. As mentioned, this is static file hosting. This is not latency or jitter sensitive.

Colo is not an option as the servers + bandwidth may only be needed for 90 days.

Unmetered is dedicated bandwidth unless otherwise noted - unmetered just means that it is capped, and your transfer amount is not recorded - or atleast you are not billed upon it.

Dedicated bandwidth means that the amount of bandwidth you purchase should be available to you 24/7 for your use without congestion issues.

Dedicated Burstable means the above + burstable port with whatever cap you come to an agreement to with your provider (typically 100Megabits)

Not correcting anyone, just stating something.

If you're happy with EU bandwidth check out Leaseweb, in particular this offer: http://www.leaseweb.com/index.php?p=highvolume3

It's 100Mbps at €379,- / month. Multi-homed and not oversold (check out http://noc.leaseweb.com/ and compare the graph to their total bandwith at http://www.leaseweb.com/index.php?p=network).