Parallels Desktop for the Mac

I was wondering if anyone has some experiences using Parallels Desktop for the Mac? I was thinking about getting a Mac which allows to run Windows as well.

Thanks!

sorry! I had posted in the wrong forum. Could any moderator move it to the right one please - I believe it should be in Computers and Peripherals

Thanks.

I think you can download and test for free... just in case you did not know...

I've heard some good things about it... it is said to run almost "real time" and shows great performance.

MS is not going to release another version of virtual pc for mac (if that is any indication).
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hekwu
    MS is not going to release another version of virtual pc for mac (if that is any indication).
    Thanks for letting me know this.

Are you sure they won't? I thought they wanted to wait for Leopard before releasing another Virtual PC series.
    Permagnus.Com-- Financial site with a human touch

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie123
    Are you sure they won't? I thought they wanted to wait for Leopard before releasing another Virtual PC series.
    that is what I read on the MS site... anything is possible... they might change their minds.... I don't know. But I doubt, from other stuff that I read, that they ever will release another Virtual pc for mac... matter of fact, virtual pc 2004 (for windows xp) is now free... yes, free. They did mention they would make a virtual pc for vista....

I think other companies are entering the market and several "rumbles" about this stuff eventually being on chips and such.... not a healthy market, maybe. Not to jack the thread, so I'll shut up... here is the MS info:

From Microsoft site: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/default...pid=macIntelQA

Q. What does the announcement about the Intel-based Macs mean for the future of Virtual PC?

A. The Macintosh Business Unit has decided not to make further investments in a Universal version of Virtual PC at this time. Building a high-quality virtualization solution, such as Virtual PC, for the Intel-based Mac would be similar to developing a version 1.0 release due to how closely the product integrates with Mac hardware, and itís simply not feasible with available development resources. We believe that Virtual PC for Mac Version 7 is still the best emulation solution for PowerPC-based Macs users, and we will continue to support current Virtual PC customers in accordance with Microsoft product support policies. As new virtualization solutions are available for Intel-based Macs, we will continue to work closely with our partners and customers to address the needs of users who wish to run Windows on the Mac.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Quote Originally Posted by orbitz
    sorry! I had posted in the wrong forum. Could any moderator move it to the right one please - I believe it should be in Computers and Peripherals
    That sounds about right And moved!
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.