Could anyone recommend a dependable affordable UK host

Hello, I want to setup sites in the UK so I am looking for a uk host so that my site will appear more on UK search engines and related sites. Please let me know of a reliable UK host that doesn't charge too much. Thanks

You don't neccessarily need a host located in the UK to be ranked on UK searches. The main thing to concentrate on is having a domain name and relevent local content.
    Blackcurrant Hosting - Ruby on Rails (Mongrel) Hosting. Watch us fly by standard rails hosting!

Hmm that is good to know. Well my site is pretty much covers all regions, but if you say all I need is the domain that is even better.

East Coast // NYC
    Yep, as long as you have a domain then thats all you need! For hosting, it seems that prices are lower in the states -- you should be able to find a host with reasonable ping times and fast download speeds somewhere on the east coast of the US (as this is the closest location to England).

Good luck

Thanks, I already run my own dedicated servers but before Robert informed me that the domain is all I need I can host it on my own Thanks