Colo in California with ISDN

Hi Everyone,
    I'm from an Australian company that wants to colocate one of our POPs in California. (Preferrably San Jose) We require 5RU, 1MB CIR and the facility to cross connect to the MCI/Verizon or AT&T fixed line networks to use multiple primary rate ISDN connections.

We use Equinix in Singapore but it appears that most space is provided by resellers in the US when you want less than one whole rack.

Can anyone provide some suggestions on reliable companies that have these kinds of facilities?

gotta ask -- do you really mean multiple ISDN connections? Equinix charges around $200 per month per cross-connect. It would be far cheaper to use other solutions

Why do you need ISDN in this day and age? I can understand wanting some backup connection that is lower rate, but you can get DSL in cheaper and it will be far better than ISDN in speed and just as reliable.

If I understand correctly, you are trying to cross connect back onto the PSTN network from your equipment. If so, you probably want to look at tenants in Market Post Tower. Both MCI and ATT can provide PRI interconnects at this location.

Quote Originally Posted by (Stephen)
    Why do you need ISDN in this day and age? I can understand wanting some backup connection that is lower rate, but you can get DSL in cheaper and it will be far better than ISDN in speed and just as reliable.
    VoIP, most likely.

PRI ISDN is still used heavily to provision digital telco circuits (PBXes, 56K modem circuits, etc.) and for PSTN connectivity for VoIP providers.

Now as far as BRI ISDN goes - not so much. Even so, DSL doesn't always reach everywhere. BRI ISDN is essentially available everywhere in the ILEC's network in my experience. It just tends to be available in almost every CO and has more distance capability than DSL.

Quote Originally Posted by phantosmax
    ...to use multiple primary rate ISDN connections.
    Perhaps your situation really does require ISDN, but if not, you may find that a PRI T1 is more cost effective, as you have a lot more voice channels, and you don't have to pay for seperate cross-connects.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

To clarify, I'm chasing 1mb CIR internet connection presented as ethernet. Second, the ability to connect multiple voice T1's (or E1's if possible). The T1's are needed for fax and dialup applications so I would prefer TDM T1, however I could probably do an IP (SIP or IAX2) interconnect to a pstn provider who has LAN TDM pstn access, depends on the jitter.