Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Are you allowed to sell your rackshack server?

I mean, once you don't want your server anymore that you've paid to setup, is it okay to sell it or even better, give it to someone else?
    Sarah :c)

cPanelDemos.com - live remotely hosted cPanel & WHM demo hosting service.

You should email this to support or post this on their forums, however generally you agreed to a contract and in that contract it might have the information you are looking for.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

Re: Are you allowed to sell your rackshack server?

Originally posted by littlest
    I mean, once you don't want your server anymore that you've paid to setup, is it okay to sell it or even better, give it to someone else?
    No.. ownership can't be transferred on a RS server. You can sublease it someone else and keep it in your name or just give it up. That's the only two choices.

Unless they have changes policies in the last few days.

Thanks, I will contact them in their chat and ask about the subleasing. Thank you!

Thanks, I will contact them in their chat and ask about the subleasing. Thank you!
    RS doesn't support subleasing so they can't help you with that. I used sublease as a term to describe your options. What a lot of people do is just find someone who wants the server and let them pay YOU then you in turn pay RS every month.

I think after researching it, the wise choice would be just to cancel it. This way I don't have to deal with the subleaser causing trouble on the server or whatnot.

Thanks for your help.

I contacted RackShack several days ago in order to transfer credit card information/ownership. The story is, a buddy of mine and I, went into the server 50/50, we both use the server for learning expiriences, and just hosting some of our non-proft websites. Anyways, the setup fee + first month was $450, and at the time his credit card was maxed (from christmas gifts). So i put the $450 setup + firstmonth on my credit card. Now that his card is payed off, we are going to transfer the ownership to him and have it bill his card versus billing my card which has higher interest rates. Rackshack said this would be okay, and could be done by calling them and doing it over the phone. So it may be possible to do what you are doing

Thanks for the advice.

That is funny sitution you describe, because that is what the server was purchased for aswell! 50/50 with a friend of mine. Now nither of us want it, but it would save someone some setup fees.

So it is slightly different as far as nither of us want to keep the server.

Thanks.

Thumbs down

There is a forum @ RackShack where you can ask such questions you know... USE IT!

Originally posted by ShareFile
    There is a forum @ RackShack where you can ask such questions you know... USE IT!

Originally posted by ShareFile
    #1 I really don't feel like registering. This is their forum also anyways.

#2 I really prefer their chat over the forum. It is much quicker!

It's thought processes like this that makes the sale of this forum to Rackshack an unfortunate thing.

It's not "their" forum, Robert Marsh aquired it, however, this is not RackShack support forums, this is a general forum, targeted toward webhosting, and not just RackShack by itself.

Geeze, whats up your asses this week. I can see why everybody is leaving the board. Asking a smiple question gets you slammed too!

Geeze, whats up your asses this week. I can see why everybody is leaving the board. Asking a smiple question gets you slammed too!
    What's wrong with what i said?

hi
    i have rackshack server
    i bought it three month before
    is there any one want it?
    thank you

NAIF

Originally posted by naif
    hi
    i have rackshack server
    i bought it three month before
    is there any one want it?
    thank you

NAIF
    And you all were complaining about my post?

Everybody leaving

Can't prove it by me. I am pleasantly surprised at the minimal changes.

As to people leaving, if it occurs, it will be because of the constant attacks on hosts and the insistence many have toward using this as a support forum, not just for Rackshack, but for all hosts.

As to what is up anyones ass, I am not going to get into that...either to speculate or suggest what would be appropriate....

Just if you are too lazy to go to their forum or inquire of them, then you really don't deserve an answer.

And Naif's post was equally wrong as it is in the wrong forum. However, I can let him slide assuming from the post that (1) he is new here, and (2) this is not his first language.

I kind of like the subject line of this thread...and think the idea of selling a dedicated server is kind of funny . I can imagine the look on Rovbert's face when someone knocks on the data center door and hands him a receipt to pick up the server I just sold .

Originally posted by iamdave
    What's wrong with what i said?
    Why can't Rackshack questions be asked here?

I see questions about other host asked here all the time.
    Just because Rackshack owns WHT, people can't ask a Rackshack related question here?

Then that would hold true for all other post when people ask about Web host A or B's policies and and what you can or can't do. Esp. if they have forums or support lines as well.

Sound like a double standard to me.
    L. James Prevo - President/Owner
    Prevo Network, LLC - http://www.prevo.net
    Est. 1999 - Month to Month Billing!!

Originally posted by ljprevo

Why can't Rackshack questions be asked here?

I see questions about other host asked here all the time.
    Just because Rackshack owns WHT, people can't ask a Rackshack related question here?
    RackShack policy questions cannot be asked here. That is the way it is with ANY host. Questions about scripts, servers, recommendations are fine, but policy questions are not.

Example of not allowed question:

Will xxxxxx allow me to have multiple domains on a single account?

Example of allowed question:

I want to point multiple domains to my shared hosting account, is that type of thing okay with most web hosts?

Sorry, I beg to differ that, show me in the fourm rules where it say that a person can not ask a question about a individual web host, even their policies.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/misc.p...on=forum-rules

See the last bullet?

"Participants may only discuss details about their company and/or product offerings when the thread starter or poster has made direct reference to their company"

When the thread starter or poster has made direct reference to their company? Means that people can talk about one individual host? About their plans, servers, blah, blah, blah, and even their policies?

The rules are ment to stop host from discussing themselves.

Originally posted by ljprevo
    Sorry, I beg to differ that, show me in the fourm rules where it say that a person can not ask a question about a individual web host, even their policies.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/misc.p...on=forum-rules
    Interesting, the rules must have changed...I was always under the impression that the board is not supposed to be used for technical support.

Maybe it was never a written rule because it is so obvious...I mean, why would you come here looking for technical support from people not associated with a company? How the hell are we supposed to know what Rackshack's policies are about selling hosting? Maybe I am just too curmudgeonly...but it seems like a pretty basic thing.

uuallan, in the long run, I agree, send the poster back to the host if they have a question about their policy. That would be the most logical thing to do, ask the host.

Considering how *big* rachshack is, and the amount of people in here that use their servers in some way or another, I don't think it is a problem to ask that type of question here. It may not be the *point* of this forum, but the main reason most of us spend time in here is to share our knowledge and learn from others. As soon as that is lost, then I will consider leaving this forum.

The biggest problem with this place, is that everyone uses it as a way to flame each other and take out their bad moods on someone. If you are having a *bad* day....stay in bed....don't come here and flame people asking honest, legitimate questions....

Geeeeezzzz......

Nason

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast