What is the best control panel?

What is the best control panel for dedicated serxer do you know

I have worked with the best and widely used CPanel/WHM
    www.cpanel.com

I've used CPanel and all of the servers I manage are now with DirectAdmin (directadmin.com). I think the choice is a lot about what level of power/flexibility vs user-friendliness you want to give your users. CPanel is I believe slightly more flexible and powerfull, but in terms of user-friendliness, it's nothing compared to DirectAdmin!

However DirectAdmin does lack in a few things, mostly from an admin point of view. User and Reseller are pretty good I reckon.

Also, I never really drilled down CPanel's architecture, but DirectAdmin (or DA!) has a quite nice plugin oriented architecture, which allows you to write your own plugins if your comfortable with php, perl or bash scripting.

A good way of getting to compare a control panel is to browse the user forums I'd day; see if people are whinging trying t get something done... and how quickly solutions come!

Hope that helps!

seb.

You may check DirectAdmin, its cheap and you can save more RAM then cpanel uses a lot or ram...

<sarcastic>

Funny to see how crap things get so popular. e.g. Windows, cPanel...

</sarcastic>

I'd personally recommend DirectAdmin.
    DevOps!

There's no best control panel, just the best for you blah blah....

You know there's a specific forum for this? Where I do believe the question has been asked a million times before!

http://webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

I use cpanel only becaues it is what I am really use to. One of the top performance/feature rich/secured control panel isn't mentioned much but it is interworx. It rocks! and is getting support from many of the billing systems these days as well because it's becoming a major player in hosting. Why? Cause it is soo darn good at what it does.

Quote Originally Posted by jerett
    I use cpanel only becaues it is what I am really use to. One of the top performance/feature rich/secured control panel isn't mentioned much but it is interworx. It rocks! and is getting support from many of the billing systems these days as well because it's becoming a major player in hosting. Why? Cause it is soo darn good at what it does.
    I disagree... Interworx is a pathethic solution, it's problems range from inability to even run WordPress (one of the most popular blogging platforms on the market) to a completely ridiculous user interface.

DirectAdmin, DUH!

I disagree... Interworx is a pathethic solution, it's problems range from inability to even run WordPress (one of the most popular blogging platforms on the market) to a completely ridiculous user interface.

We are free to disagree. Your points are noted and I will need to do some research on this. I might have overshot my mouth which I tend to do. I blame my actions soley on post count.

Quote Originally Posted by jerett
    We are free to disagree. Your points are noted and I will need to do some research on this. I might have overshot my mouth which I tend to do. I blame my actions soley on post count.
    I'm just ranting because I was forced to move to Interworx, and the WordPress problem combined with the stupid three field login system and the unusual interface is just plain frustrating me. So my argument might have been a bit OTT

Greetings:

If you are a hosting provider, and need more than just another control panel, then consider H-Sphere from http://www.psoft.net/

H-Sphere provides complete hosting automation, allowed for multi-domain hosting, multi-server clusters, servers within your cluster at diverse data centers, and much more.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

Quote Originally Posted by dynamicnet
    Greetings:

If you are a hosting provider, and need more than just another control panel, then consider H-Sphere from http://www.psoft.net/

H-Sphere provides complete hosting automation, allowed for multi-domain hosting, multi-server clusters, servers within your cluster at diverse data centers, and much more.

Thank you.
    I second this.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Third! H-sphere is all business, no fluff

Seems to be a question of preference, there's no concrete answer.

DirectAdmin is recommended by a lot of people, Cpanel/WHM is not so bad either.

Instead of asking others, go find a demo of each and try them out.