UK servers/resellers

Hi, Im looking for UK Unix resellers or resellers anywhere with UK servers with Cpanel.

I've been with Donhost last couple of years and have finally got fed up with their support (or lack of it) and their out of date service.

Im currently trying out hostgator, who are absolutely brilliant for their service and support but Im finding their servers slow and the US timestamp is frustrating me. I can get round my php programs but uploaded files have the US datetime.

Budget upto 50 per month.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks

TJ

Cant you add code to the PHP to change the datetime?

Has anyone used dataflame? Ive found a few good reviews but not many...
    http://www.dataflame.co.uk/reseller_allplans.html

reviews/comments
    http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread...ight=dataflame
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company

Hello TJ,
    A good outfit that has been around for a while is www.UnitedHosting.co.uk. Check them out.

-Steven
    http://www.insiderhosting.com
    BGP Blend of Telia, GTT, Zayo, and Cogent in One Wilshire, Los Angeles!
    True Definition of Managed Hosting
    Proudly Offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Co-location

Try searching, there are lots of us UK Hosts around.

And take a look at www.forum2.co.uk
    MK Hosting - Reliable Affordable UK Hosting Since 2005
    www.mkhosting.co.uk
    Shared Hosting - Reseller hosting - Dedicated Servers - VPS - Colocation - IT Services

a long time ago i used www.catalyst2.com their not bad. Servers are London based.
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

Or you could try something like http://www.vizonhost.com

Not a big name but I moved some customers there a few months back, seems good so far in terms of reliability.

Why ?
    surely with the equipment / technolgy in place now, the DC location
    should not matter 'that much'

To the OP... do a bit of digging before signing up - something as simple as a traceroute to their webiste may well revela if they really are a "Host" or simply a reseller of a reseller etc

You dont specify what you want for your 50 budget

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2006
    surely with the equipment / technolgy in place now, the DC location
    should not matter 'that much'
    Ah, you're new then ...
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Quote Originally Posted by othellotech

Ah, you're new then ...
    Well 51 years new actualy

Seriously I thought 'nowdays' a well managed quality US server*
    would perform (or appear to perform) as quick as an
    'Average' UK server.
    *yes US is big, so depends on West or East etc, as well

I know that's a huge oversimplification, but in 'the real world'
    pinging times, trace routes etc. are pretty meaningles, lets face it 1xSilly size image will undo any 'perseved' benifit of a UK server ?

Now it's obvious (on the web side) I'm not that techie, but on the business side
    I have tended to notice there are more potential customers outside of the UK
    than inside, many do not love the US, but the US is (by the majority of the world)
    perseved as the masters of the internet, and the UK are the 'also ran'.

What do others think ?
    I just think we are all a bit 'hung up' on this,

Brian 51 years young

'Average' UK server.
    *yes US is big, so depends on West or East etc, as well

I know that's a huge oversimplification, but in 'the real world'
    pinging times, trace routes etc. are pretty meaningles, lets face it 1xSilly size image will undo any 'perseved' benifit of a UK server ?

Now it's obvious (on the web side) I'm not that techie, but on the business side
    I have tended to notice there are more potential customers outside of the UK
    than inside, many do not love the US, but the US is (by the majority of the world)
    perseved as the masters of the internet, and the UK are the 'also ran'.

What do others think ?
    I just think we are all a bit 'hung up' on this,

Brian 51 years young
    The loading times is one of a plethora of reasons to weigh up.

For me, it would always be search engine related. Many people miss out on a lot of simply beause they have a .com and don't host it in the UK.

Also, lots of UK consumers like dealing with UK people. Same way lots of US people, like to deal with Americans
    Olly | INX-Gaming
    Call of Duty 4 hosting

Mere whippersnapper, when I were a lad, we had to walk 82 miles t'pit ....

'Average' UK server.
    Ah if only

forgetting the huge overselling debates, and the "the market is different, uk=quality, us=(no comment)" type stuff ...

There are a huge number of reasons to place the service(s) nearest to the target audience:
    * inclusion in regional search engines - google.co.uk for example
    * performance to the end-user - you'd be suprised at the difference even berkshire to london makes, especially when you realise that practically *all* the uk internet connectivity goes through docklands
    * size of transatlantic / cross country internet pipes
    * transit & peering commitments between providers
    * removing routing problems
    * closeness to "handoff" points and peering exchanges
    and so on

simplified example:
    yesterday theplanet in texas had a "bit of a problem" with their connectivity to certain providers, the main route from there to my home would be (various-people) to level3 into aexiomus onto valueadsl and into my laptop
    due to whatever issues every server in their 4 datacentres, including the whole of the servermatrix customer base, all ceased to exist about 2am for almost 3 hours - tens of millions of websites, millions of bedroom-host cpanel resellers, thousands of boxes- all no longer existed, no dns, no web, no mail etc

yes the box will be up, yes *some* of the world might see it, but if you're customers are primarily UK based, you just bounced all their emails, made them look to their clients like they dont exist, spoilt the "experience" or whatever

when "major" frvckups happen (and they do, all too regularly) like a fishing trawler accidentally catching clueless&witless fibre coming up out of the sea, and continents vanish offline while someone gets a new roll of gaffa-tape out, most dial up and dsl providers suddenly find their support lines full of people winging that they cant bitch-torrent their p0rn anymore

the more networks you put in the way between $server and $user the more problems you *will* get. its like murphy's law to the n'th power.

every device a packet goes through *will* slow it down, again the more "hops" (assuming everything else is equal) generally the longer things will take.

savvy clients *will* do things like traceroutes as part of their due-dilligence on a service, and if its a "uk host" but all the boxes are at rackshod in outer-mongolia, they will go somewhere else.

so those of us concerned about our autonomous networks look to reduce the number of AS paths/hops/whatever , we try to remove points of failure, we put our networks in multiple countries if we target those audiences and so on.

yes you can get a pizza from pizza-deliver-r-us, or from sooper-dooper-pizzas - but if pdru is 2 miles (hops) away and sdp is 2,800 miles (hops) away, which one are you prepared to rely on to get it to you hot ? even if sdp is only 10% of the price, you'd still order from the closer one wouldnt you ?

there are a *lot* of other reasons, but its v.late and us oldies need our sleep - cept I now have a craving for a deep-pan meatfeast ...
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Quote Originally Posted by othellotech
    There are a huge number of reasons to place the service(s) nearest to the target audience:
    * inclusion in regional search engines - google.co.uk for example
    * performance to the end-user - you'd be suprised at the difference even berkshire to london makes, especially when you realise that practically *all* the uk internet connectivity goes through docklands
    so those of us concerned about our autonomous networks look to reduce the number of AS paths/hops/whatever , we try to remove points of failure, we put our networks in multiple countries if we target those audiences and so on.
    I now have a craving for a deep-pan meatfeast ...

Wonderful post and I second all of the above quite readily!
    Tony Kammerer - Admin, United Communications Limited
    UnitedHosting.co.uk - High Quality UK and USA based web hosting, reseller hosting, and managed clouds and dedicated servers.
    UnitedForums.co.uk - Our lively customer community with over 40,000 posts!
    ***Proudly hosting over 70,000 customer websites since 1998!***

Resellerzoom just started with UK servers:

http://uk.resellerzoom.com/

Hello, try with http://www.unitedhosting.co.uk/ are fine
    Web Design Portfolio

Nexo Virtual Network