A question about Nocster services

I've been perusing the site over the past 24 hours, on and off

My current indecision lies between one of the "Virtual Hosting" Linux packages (one of the higher end ones) and a dedicated server.

My desire is to start off on one of the virtual ones with my site[s] and if I find I need to, to upgrade to a dedicated server at a later date.

What I wanted to know, and couldn't seem to explain this to the Java-Popup sales rep, is - are there any fees I need to bear in mind (outside of the $400 setup for a dedicated server) that I might face in the upgrading from a 'virtual host' to a dedicated server package? [i.e. transfer fees?]

I hope this is clear, I seemed to go around in circles being directed to the pages I've already been looking at, in the Java chat window. That and I lost the window every time I alt-tabbed away from it (argh! )

There are not any fees for upgrading like that, just the setup fees for the server itself.

You can avoid the high setup fees possibly by getting a Closeout Server...which have mostly only $99.95 setup fees.

Sean R.
    BurstNET

ahh thank you, that's what I wanted to know

I must be going blind, I don't see which of the pages linked to on the main nocster site are the closeout ones

thankfully I used my noggin and found it, unsurprisingly at:

http://nocster.com/closeout.shtml

is there a reason they're 'tucked away'?

The link is right on the front page. Server Closeout Section.

I...I'll be blushing now.

Although I'm still surprised it's not one of the 'top menu' links.

Thanks though.

It's not on top cause once they are gone they are gone. With a link up top they would have to go through and manually edit every single page once they are gone.