WHAT?? Danica is a godaddy girl?!@??!

http://www.phroztnet.org (and acmovies dot phroztnet dot org) < -- hosted by DreamHost (lots of video on acmovies)
    http://www.dreadlords.net < -- hosted by GoDaddy (lots of single page traffic)

Current favorite: Dreamhost

She is getting paid... I guess godaddy offered the most money..... lol
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

I was just ... very suprised...

but I guess I could see it.. speedy hosting? or something?
    http://www.phroztnet.org (and acmovies dot phroztnet dot org) < -- hosted by DreamHost (lots of video on acmovies)

Quote Originally Posted by Phrozt
    I was just ... very suprised...

but I guess I could see it.. speedy hosting? or something?
    I would even venture to say she got the better deal...

No, the NASCAR crowd is very popular in the states... my thought is godaddy might be going after a certain market, maybe. I could be wrong, I'm making a guess.... I'm going to assume ...

Quote Originally Posted by hekwu
    No, the NASCAR crowd is very popular in the states... my thought is godaddy might be going after a certain market, maybe.
    Haha, I think the market they're going after might be the market of 'guys that like seeing cute "athletes."'
    Michael Chase
    Clear-Data Internet Services - Inexpensive website, reseller, and game server hosting.

Being from Canada, I can't see the Nascar crowd as being online very much...

stupid me, i thought you meant danica mckellar, from the wonder years...

http://www.danicamckellar.com/
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

LOL I remember her....

I think every male in the world had a crush on her back in the day...

Quote Originally Posted by cd-mchase
    Haha, I think the market they're going after might be the market of 'guys that like seeing cute "athletes."'
    Do a lot of people think she is cute? I've not really seen other pictures, but the GD one does not look very hot... reason I said they were going after something else. Don't know, you might be right (probably are)... I am glad she is able to get her name out there and get some sponsors...

Quote Originally Posted by WK-Anthony
    Being from Canada, I can't see the Nascar crowd as being online very much...

You can get a subscription to be able to hear (with a slight delay) inside of some of the cars as they talk to their spotters and crew... any hardcore nascar fan is sure to have this.
    Who is General Fault, and why is he reading my disk?

It seems that their service is starting to suck even more, so more women (that can attract the customers) are needed

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

Quote Originally Posted by azizny
    It seems that their service is starting to suck even more, so more women (that can attract the customers) are needed

Peace,
    How is it starting to suck?

Quote Originally Posted by 9212
    How is it starting to suck?
    Their system sucks

Their hosting system even sucks more

An example is that there is no way a user can upload his large database via phpmyadmin or control panel

the last time (and final) time I used it for domain names (I thought hay its only domain names no big deal)

then I discovered that their control panel for domain names even sucks the best

following problems with transfer domains:

1) Took 48 hours to initiate the transfers (the other sites I used does is immediately).

basically for anything you do with those domains (cancel transfer, remove, edit) it took days to finish.

Then when I gave up, I had to wait for around a month for those domains to be removed so I can request the refund.

I guess this is it for me with Godaddy, even if they get the beauty queen to work for them

Peace,

Their system sucks

An example is that there is no way a user can upload his large database via phpmyadmin or control panel

the last time (and final) time I used it for domain names (I thought hay its only domain names no big deal)

1) Took 48 hours to initiate the transfers (the other sites I used does is immediately).

basically for anything you do with those domains (cancel transfer, remove, edit) it took days to finish.

Then when I gave up, I had to wait for around a month for those domains to be removed so I can request the refund.

I guess this is it for me with Godaddy, even if they get the beauty queen to work for them

Peace,
    careful, i got a real long suspension from here for booing godaddy!
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Stephens
    If posting my personal experience with them will get me banned, let it be.

or maybe I should've lied and posted good things about them

thou thanks for the warning.

Peace,

Why? It's not against the rules to do that.

GoDaddy has always had attractive females doing commercials.

Their system sucks

Peace,
    We recently transferred domains from 3 registrars to godaddy where we already had many names and each of those 3 registrars had the 2-3 day hold before they actually allowed/initiated/OK'd the transfer. So I think it is common practice.

Why would you use hosting from a company who was founded upon domain registry to begin with? I have never had any need to transfer any domains with GoDaddy but your the first one I've read about having problems... As for their DNS tools, I have no problems with them expect for figuring out how to set a PTR record for my one domain... You should realize though, they are a domain registrar, that's their main objective. The good choice would be to use your own nameservers.

GoDaddy advertises on TV?

Quote Originally Posted by 9212
    Why would you use hosting from a company who was founded upon domain registry to begin with? I have never had any need to transfer any domains with GoDaddy but your the first one I've read about having problems... As for their DNS tools, I have no problems with them expect for figuring out how to set a PTR record for my one domain... You should realize though, they are a domain registrar, that's their main objective. The good choice would be to use your own nameservers.
    I have found Godaddy's $4/month hosting to be very good for a $4/month host. I don't know how well they perform when needs get more complicated or how well they compare for the higher priced plans for which there is more competition.

Transferring a domain that has Domainsbyproxy away from Godaddy is a little bit cumbersome, as the request may be refused by Godaddy until the Domainsbyproxy is canceled. This is not super difficult. I have seen some horror stories posted on WHT claiming that Godaddy would impose an extra 60 day wait after Domainsbyproxy was disabled. I did not experience that problem.

As for the advertising:
    I guess Candace-with-the-implants is good for attracting attention, but Bob probably figures Danica might be more effective at conveying the idea to some prospective clients that Godaddy's services really work.

Godaddy was recently doing a promotion for an advertising campaign where women got trials for models.