Thread: Burst.net?

Burst.net?

Down Again?

BurstNETT - Maintenance Advisory - TONIGHT

BurstNETT - Maintenance Advisory - Tuesday 9/12/2006 10PM EST

This evening (Tuesday, Sept 12th 2006), at approximately 10:00PM EST, BurstNETT will be performing a system power failure test/simulation on a core facility UPS battery system in our Scranton PA facility. This test is necessary to confirm repair/maintenance performed in the past 24-48 hours as successful. The repair/maintenance was necessary to correct power issues experienced by a portion of our client base on the mornings of 9/3 and 9/10. If the repair/maintenance was successful, as expected, you should not experience any service issues or outage during the system test/simulation. Additional staff will be on hand this evening to assist/expedite with reboots and repairs should the test/simulation fail.

Success/failure information will be posted after completion of the test/simulation, in the Network Status area of our Forums located at:
    http://forum.burst.net/showthread.php?t=4048

I recieved this email this morning:

--

BurstNET™ - Maintenance Advisory - Tuesday 9/12/2006 10PM EST T

his evening (Tuesday, Sept 12th 2006), at approximately 10:00PM EST, BurstNET™ will be performing a system power failure test/simulation on a core facility UPS battery system in our Scranton PA facility. This test is necessary to confirm repair/maintenance performed in the past 24-48 hours as successful. The repair/maintenance was necessary to correct power issues experienced by a portion of our client base on the mornings of 9/3 and 9/10. If the repair/maintenance was successful, as expected, you should not experience any service issues or outage during the system test/simulation. Additional staff will be on hand this evening to assist/expedite with reboots and repairs should the test/simulation fail.

Success/failure information will be posted after completion of the test/simulation, in the Network Status area of our Forums

--

so i guess not

Guess it failed. Our servers were not part of the original power problem, yet they are down now.

Same here. All servers went down at the same time. Less than half of them came back up after a while so I guess the others didn`t boot. Of course the ones that didn`t boot are the ones with the most customers on them I hope the power outages and power tests won`t kill my hard drives over time.

More information will follow, but power has been restored at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by burstdan
    More information will follow, but power has been restored at this point.
    Hi Dan,

Thanks for the update, seems like everything is back up and running. Hopefully things are taken care of now!

Take care.

Hmm.. Seems I am still down.

http://forum.burst.net/showthread.php?t=4048 - they fixed the problem

Update: A second test has been performed after additional diagnosis and maintenance this evening. This second test was successful, and power was not lost. There is however additional maintenance required for tomorrow to make this newest repair permanent. A final test will be performed tomorrow evening at 10PM EST to confirm completion of work and full capacity is available/restored to power system.