Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

site5 better and better... (just kidding)

I manage lafactory.com and their firewall banned my IP because I used a web crawler on my own site, in order to create a google site map. shame on me. I posted one ticket saying "you banned my ip, please fix it" they deleted the ticket ! an error ? I posted a new ticket. less than 5 minutes later, the ticket was also deleted.
    I would leave with great pleasure, but their ruby backup fails for monthes (they know that) and I can't backup my site with ftp since my IP is banned.
    I know, nothing really new about site5 !

Hi,

I would definitely try giving them a call or try using their live chat option. I think you'll have better luck through there.

Good luck with your issue.

Hopefully you can get your backup of site and access your site asap.

Cheers
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

already did that. their phone/live chat is only for futur customers, so they did not want to help. they don't have live support.
    nice, hey ?

Yeah that's shame. Try submit another ticket with the bottom line "please do not delete my ticket as you deleted my 2 tickets" or ask to assign your ticket to the owner or support manager.

Why don't you move to other host because site5 banned your IP so why stay with them as you're not happy?

Another option for you, would be to go ahead and sign up with another hosting company and have them transfer the site (most will do it free of charge) as their IP address won't be blocked
    SuperWebHost.com, a Digitally Justified Company
    Celebrating our 9th year in Business

Proudly Hosting with CANADIAN bandwidth
    Managed Hosting, Multi-Domain Hosting, Colocation, Merchant Accounts

Quote Originally Posted by VanHost
    Another option for you, would be to go ahead and sign up with another hosting company and have them transfer the site (most will do it free of charge) as their IP address won't be blocked
    Doesn't that seem a bit overboard for what could easily be a helpdesk error?
    I'd recommend trying to submit the e-mail under another address, describe the issue in a bit further detail and be sure to include your IP address that is blocked.

Don't give up just yet, site5 used to have a fairly great reputation around here and they seem to have fallen on some harder times: That isn't any reason to leave them over a single ticket though.

Silly Canadians recommending otherwise should be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by David
    So your company would consider 2 deleted helpdesk tickets something a client should live with? Shocking.

The thread starter clearly said that he was happy to move on, but couldn't because he had no access to his files. I simply made a suggestion of how he could move on and get his files to go with him.

Before jumping all over people trying to be of some assistance, please read everything thoroughly. "Silly Canadians" sounds like you're tired, so I'll let that one slide.

Quote Originally Posted by VanHost
    So your company would consider 2 deleted helpdesk tickets something a client should live with? Shocking.
    No, I don't recall saying that actually. Nice work making grandeur assumptions though! You have quite the imagination.

I'm simply offering what might be a valid explanation -- if a tech. received a ticket that said 'unblock my ip' without any other details they might close it or delete it, who knows. Only site5.

site5 has also been known to have some minor helpdesk issues (losing their helpdesk db just recently in fact) and could be experiencing some further ones.

isn't any reason to leave them over a single ticket though.
    I didn't make assumptions, you stated that the thread starter's issue was no reason to leave a company. At any rate, we're off topic now and neither of us are offering any assistance, so let's just let it be and agree to disagree. Good?

I'm very sorry but I'm a newbie here and I don't know what site5 means. Could anybody explian to me what it means?

Quote Originally Posted by nata2006
    I'm very sorry but I'm a newbie here and I don't know what site5 means. Could anybody explian to me what it means?
    Site5 is a web hosting provider.
    Their website is available at www.site5.com

Have a great day!

Thanks a lot for useful information.

Quote Originally Posted by solidghost
    Post in their forums ?
    good place to get some attention, if you holler loud enough you may get some satisfaction.

this is exactly what I did 24h ago, I am not brand new here. and it took a full day to unblock my IP. site5 used to have a great reputation, that's true. that's why I came here. then my website was disabled because I used too more ressources (yeah, a little webcrawling tool in order to build a google sitemap). When I signed here, we were supposed to be moved on more powerfull computers if needed. Now please check "site5" on webtalkinghost where I found them in the first place and you will see by yourself what is their reputation right now.
    I was on a monthly plan but I paid a full year in order to have flashback
    Read their TOS, too. thoses terms did not exist when I signed here and they are really interesting. shortly "using the ressources we give you is forbidden".

Doesn't that seem a bit overboard for what could easily be a helpdesk error?
    I'd recommend trying to submit the e-mail under another address, describe the issue in a bit further detail and be sure to include your IP address that is blocked.

Don't give up just yet, site5 used to have a fairly great reputation around here and they seem to have fallen on some harder times: That isn't any reason to leave them over a single ticket though.

Quote Originally Posted by sawz
    good place to get some attention, if you holler loud enough you may get some satisfaction.
    quite true, just a few minutes after my public message my IP was back

And not to mention, Flashback doesnt work.

Hi, of course there was anything they need in my tickets. to be fair, I just noticed my tickets labelled "critical" were merged with another one created by site5 labelled "low". Yes, my site disabled and my IP blocked, it's a "low" issue. after about 24h without an answer, I posted a message in their very own forum. just a few minutes later (and I really mean a few minutes) my IP was unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by frozange
    Hi, of course there was anything they need in my tickets. to be fair, I just noticed my tickets labelled "critical" were merged with another one created by site5 labelled "low". Yes, my site disabled and my IP blocked, it's a "low" issue. after about 24h without an answer, I posted a message in their very own forum. just a few minutes later (and I really mean a few minutes) my IP was unlocked.
    Probably coincidence. Unless something's changed recently, all they do with unfavorable posts on their forums is delete them.
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com

Quote Originally Posted by catfished
    Probably coincidence. Unless something's changed recently, all they do with unfavorable posts on their forums is delete them.
    my messages were not deleted and yes, the moderator told me he asked an admin to fix my problem. I am still not able to download a full cpanel backup. I just signed with solarvps : UK is the next door from france, very fast, and I guess with a 80$ month fee (512MB RAM) they should be good : you can play fool with a 10$/month fee, but 80$ means serious business. the only bad reviews I had here was about memory : with 512MB it should more than enough.
    I can even host some of you now

my messages were not deleted and yes, the moderator told me he asked an admin to fix my problem. I am still not able to download a full cpanel backup. I just signed with solarvps : UK is the next door from france, very fast, and I guess with a 80$ month fee (512MB RAM) they should be good : you can play fool with a 10$/month fee, but 80$ means serious business. the only bad reviews I had here was about memory : with 512MB it should more than enough.
    I can even host some of you now
    Best of luck with SolarVPS, keep us updated on your experience with them.

If you are unable to download a cpanel backup, contact site5 maybe their staff will be nice enough to make a backup copy on your behalf and give you the link to download it. OR you can just transfer your files manually

Or he could reset his DSL modem as chances are his IP is a DHCP lease and the next poor soul to get that IP will have issues

Matt
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Used to be a full time server administrator, now I help build cruise ships and inspect homes.
    My company, Ferrell Solutions, specializes in home inspections and property management.
    RecallScan is a service for monitoring appliances and vehicles in your home for recalls.

My IP is permanent -(

My IP is permanent -(
    Maybe a proxy or go to an internet cafe?

I really doubt they deleted help desk tickets, maybe try emailing sales or management and explain?
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company

they gave me back my IP, btw a proxy is far too slow, most of them are already banned everywhere, and do not work with ftp. as for the cybercafe, even it's possible to have ftp, and I don't think so, I don't think I could download a 400MB backup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast