Where did Shothost go?

Hi,
    I have my site and many clients hosted at Shothost.com - they seem to have disappeared. Even their website is down - no yahoo or aim ids are online - and the phone number in New Zealand goes directly to voicemail.

They have been down for 2+ days now - anyone have a clue?

I'd say after 2 days they probably just cut and run. At this point it's a good idea to start looking for a new host.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Hi,

If it was few hours that might be a different story but two days definitely isn't good news. Do you know where their servers are located? If so you can try contacting the datacenter directly for some more information. If you know your server IP we can do a trace for you on where it's from.

There could be some issues on their side but if you havnt been able to reach them for two days it could very well be some billing issue maybe they forgot to pay their bills.

Let's hope things work out in the end.

Cheers
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

ShotHost seems shot. (i had to do it. if i didn't do it - someone else would have) As HoobaStank mentioned - try to locate the servers to see if you can pull off your information. You might even be able to weasel out of one the techs what went wrong with ShotHost.

ShotHost appears to be Shotty. HA! ok - that is the last one.

Their addresses are part of the CIDR block owned by webhost plus. Their phone number won't work from here (877 number - and I'm in California). The DNS servers address is 209.152.180.209 and I think my host was 217 if I recall right. I've already begun loading stuff to a new provider and moved my DNS to another host, but would like to grab the latest databases off my old sites..... Bummer..... Any info or help finding a contact would be appreciated...

OH snap. Well good luck then ever trying to reach the good people at Webhostplus. Their staff are always on covert operations if you know what I mean. Never can be found.

So I wonder if ShotHOst was a WebHostPlus company or just another company sadley lost because of WHP and their notorious scam.

Quote Originally Posted by bradleyo
    Their addresses are part of the CIDR block owned by webhost plus. Their phone number won't work from here (877 number - and I'm in California). The DNS servers address is 209.152.180.209 and I think my host was 217 if I recall right. I've already begun loading stuff to a new provider and moved my DNS to another host, but would like to grab the latest databases off my old sites..... Bummer..... Any info or help finding a contact would be appreciated...
    Hi,

There ya go, just do a search on WebHostPlus here on WHT as there are quite a few number of threads on them from recent weeks. Good luck with your migration to your new host.

take care.
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Is there any protection for consumers when this happens?

Q...

Shot Solutions - maybe a victim, but customers screwed...

Basically I've given up any hope that shot solutions will ever get their stuff back online - as for any protection - nope - not much you can do except stop payments or request a refund. Since shothost is in New Zealand selling services that are now gone what can you do.

Lesson learned. I now have my sites back up (mostly) on two different providers that host on different servers (of course it won't protect against a merger - but will allow me to "mirror" my sites and have a backup)

I'll simply use a redirect to the one that is up and/or has best performance - costs a few bucks for three domain names per site (one real for re-direct, one for each provider) but the simplest and fastest solution.

Now for the million dollar ? - anyone have a simple way to keep mysql databases in sync across providers?

Hi!
    Million dollar question,eh? Simple way? Nope. It seems like a nice thing..but..I've never seen it pulled it by anyone. Just like the truly-redundant DNS project last year..I don't think there is a big enoguh demand for it to make something special for it. I seem to have a lot of those projects..

Bryon