reseller, cpanel DNS

I want to have my resellers to have there own DNS. How do I do that so the resellers can have there own private dns server. I am also trying to gain some new clients so if know any please post.

Hi,

You might want to do some research on your control panel first of all and if it's cpanel it should be very simple and self explanatory. There are also many different options you can choose to approach this.

Submit a ticket to www.cpanel.net and they will probably reply with a very thorough answer or link to their tutorials.

Cheers
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Do you have your own server and wanting to create custom nameservers for your customer, or are you a reseller trying to create custom nameservers for your shared customers? Or are you wanting an actual DNS server?
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

4. This depends on a lot of things such as: do you have a reseller VPS, or dedicated server? What control panel are you running? This is probable a good question for you to ask your hosting provider rather then WHT.

Quote Originally Posted by bigd39
    I want to have my resellers to have there own DNS. How do I do that so the resellers can have there own private dns server?
    I'm also insterested on knowing how this can be achieved. I have a dedicated server with cpanel and I have named running locally.

thanks

Is there an update on these questions? Can anybody here post a link to tutorials?
    Will you eat your pets? Discuss it on my vegan forum

1. Within WHM edit the reseller's DNS zone to include an "A" record for "ns1" and another for "ns2". In the field after "record type" enter the IPs you intend to use for each ns1 and ns2 (hint: you can use the same IPs you use for YOUR nameservers).

2. Access "reseller center" within WHM, select the reseller and "edit privileges/nameservers". At the bottom of the page enter the new nameservers and save.

3. Have the reseller access their domain registrar's control panel and "register" the new nameservers using the IPs you provide him/her.

if ur going to use shared IPs then jst add an A record entry for these name servers and they will be ready for usage in WHM.
    If you need dedicated IPs for each NS then go to IPs and assign each IP to a name server ...
    The rest of configuration is done from WHM- Resellers section.
    POINTLeb Hosting Lebanese Hosting for the Middle East
    The fact that no one understands you , does not make you an artist
    Mo Ghaoui's Personal Blog

It is very simple.You must ask ur webhosting provider abt this.

You just need to create ahost record

Quote Originally Posted by bigd39
    I want to have my resellers to have there own DNS. How do I do that so the resellers can have there own private dns server. I am also trying to gain some new clients so if know any please post.

Generally most Domain Registrar povides Basic Domain Management Services. Create two child name servers say NS1 and NS2 and provide your DNS server IPs.

Once that done you, can create private name servers in your control panel and activate them. I am using PublicDomainRegistry as our registrar and we follow above steps only.
    << Please review the Forum Guidelines regarding signatures >>